I need some text message help!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arnezie, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok when I send a text message to a non iphone like an android it sends my text as a multi media message not as a text. So like if I send somone a message that says "i'll be there in an hour" it says on there phone they have a multi media message and its a black screen with the words Ill be there in an hour insted of just coming as a simple text message. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???:confused:

2. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

When i send a group message, it seems to send it as an MMS. I've never thought about it, but that might explain some issues of people not getting messages.

The messages app is my least favorite thing about iOS. My Treo was better and I still despise text bubbles on a small screen.

Ayway, I can't tell you what you are doing wrong - did you maybe send a picture to them first and that is the thread it is using?

4. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

It happens even if I send a brand new message to people not just a reply. I am stumped. If i try to shut of mms it seems fine but then I cant send people a text to an email address from my phone number............

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

It depends on how big the message is.

If it's greater than 5 texts, it converts it to an MMS.

6. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

It happens no matter how long or short