I need something clarified...Please.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duramaxman1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. duramaxman1 macrumors member

I want to know if I can use Mywi to connect to wifi, on my phone, in places that I usually couldnt connect? Or is it used only to tether your computers and other things. i have researched this and I still dont know for sure and I dont want to spend 20 bucks for nothing, cause I dont tether.

2. LS417 macrumors regular

I'm not exactly sure about what you're asking, but I can tell you this:

MYWI will allow you to share your iPhone's data connection with another device, ie. laptop/ipad/ipod.

Meaning your phone will act like a WIFI router, distributing your very own WIFI network that connects to the web via your phone's data connection.

..Thats about as clear as I can phrase it.

3. APtalent macrumors regular

MyWi isn't a Wifi sniffer.

It simply converts your iPhone to hotspot so other devices can connect to it via Wifi. In short terms, it makes your iPhone a wifi-router.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

MyWI is not a WIFI enhancer so no, it will not do what you ask. Its function is to provide a private WIFI network to enable you to connect your laptop and share the data connection on the phone.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

It is indeed the second thing you mentioned. Share your iPhone 3G data with other devices via wifi or usb.

6. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

7. APtalent macrumors regular

SEVERAL. A quick browsing should reveal some.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

WiFiFoFum :cool:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A sniffer app like wifitrak will only give you more details on the wifi network, encryption type and a few other things but still will not let you connect/break into encrypted networks.
    Mywi will not just magically give you internet acess everywhere for free.
    It will just allow you to use your carriers 3G internet by other devices like ipads, laptops etc....

10. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

That was exactly the info I was looking for, thanks. I was under the impression that it would let you connect to wifi even if you didnt know there password.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

if there was a app like that this forum would never allow it to be discussed. I also know I personally wouldn't discuss it since it might be used to get into my own network. I don't think there is one though. thank goodness.

12. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

In the UK you would be breaking law under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990, Im sure that it would also be illegal in the majority of countries around the world attempting to circumvent security measures in that manner.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

There is one, but I'm not gonna talk more about it... I used it once to see how good it was and worked but is not a true password cracker so has long as you create your own password and is WP2 you should be fine...:cool:

14. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's a good thing you're computer illiterate. If you broke into my network, I'd draw and quarter you with a dull knife. :mad:

15. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I guess you steal too?

16. toypadlock macrumors member

yeah, that's a suitable punishment. <3 you internet toughguy.

17. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

I didnt mean to hurt anybodys feelings, and make you computer geeks mad. I just had a question, I thought that was what this forum was for. But I geuss SOME of you set here and talk real mean, well Im getting scared so please stop OK? Its getting to the point to where I will just set behind my computer and do nothing all day, oh yea I stole this computer!

18. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

Who gave the 10 year old an iPhone?

19. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You didn't hurt my feelings, but asking how to break into someone's password-protected network is like asking how to burgle a house. The password is there for a reason. If the person wanted to let everyone use the wifi, the lock wouldn't be there.
    It's common decency to not intrude into someone's personal network. If you don't possess a semblance of decency or weren't taught this by your family, then I'm glad this has been an instructive moment for you.

20. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

I will pray for you.:D

21. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'm an atheist. Praying to nothing doesn't work. :p