I need something to record my professor with.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Boesky, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Boesky macrumors 6502

I bring my MBP to class so I need something to record him. Audio only. What programs can I use?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Microsoft Word has a innovative feature with its notebook view, it records and timestamps via bulleting.

3. Boesky thread starter macrumors 6502

MS office 2008 for Mac? What about iWork '09?

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't think that iWork has the same feature.

5. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Regarding software, there are plenty of solutions... Garageband is a very good one. If for some reason you don't like garageband (or can't use it) try Audacity which is freeware and very good.

If you've upgraded to Snow Leopard, you can use the Audio recording in free Quicktime X. Or, if you haven't upgraded (but are willing to spend some money), you can purchase Quicktime Pro, which offers that same function.

And then there are dozens of 3rd party audio recorders (most of them cost money). You can check MacUpdate or iusethis to check them out.

But more important than the software you use to record it, is the microphone you use, as it being the first link in the recording chain.

6. ELab2 macrumors newbie

no software or hardware advice, but make sure you check with your professor or school first because some places have very strict rules against it