I need the pro's answer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by batfan78, Sep 20, 2008.

1. batfan78 macrumors newbie

thank you ahead of time for at least looking at my question/problem.

i've come across a wmv. file that i converted to quicktime via isquint, changing it to a 320x144. now the original wmv. file is a total of 656x272.

that being said, i took my converted qt files and made a dvd out of them using the burn app, found at the apple.com site. i took the dvd and went to handbrake and created an mp4 with 720x304 or 340 cant remember at the moment, and it looks great, widescreen and all. now i have been killing my self tired trying to figure this out. i take the 720x mp4 and drop it into burn , like all my usual files before, and burn with no problem, but i still wound up with a 656x type look on my dvd player, and on my computer. so the question is, is there anyway for me to keep the converted look i created. maybe i'm not clicking a box or saving something correctly, i'm sure.

i really appreciate the answers i get and the pointers, i usually like figuring these things out but i almost chucked everything out the window last night.
    additionally, i've tried using ffmpegx but i'm still resulting with the same ratio as the others. handbrake thus far has given me the look i want, but nothing else has let me maintain it burned to a disc. sorry for the long post, especially being new and all.

also, the look i would like is the kind you get from a widescreen dvd with black bars and all, looks great on the mac, but squishy but watchable on
    the tv screen, and i did adjust my settings on the dvd player but really didn't do jack. thanks again.

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

You'll probably get more help if you use a more descriptive (specific) title and post in the digital video forum.

3. batfan78 thread starter macrumors newbie

i was looking for place like that, no coffee yet, thank you for the advice