I Need Time Tracking App with On Screen Timer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rocknblogger, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I tutor and teach clients on how to use WordPress and blog publishing as well as SEO and marketing. When possible I share my screen with them to show them how to do whatever it is they need to do.

I need an app for tracking the time we spend together and I need for the timer to show on screen.

I've seen this before when I had hired someone a couple years ago to show me how to do something, so I know it exists, but for the life of me I can't find anything that fits the bill.

I can of course use a simple timer while screen sharing and use a separate app for time tracking but I would love to find an all in one solution.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I have been looking for a good time tracking software as well. Something where I can setup 10 to 20 different tasks (charge numbers) and then from the task bar pull down to change tasks. A timer is good but not really necessary. Then at the end of the week I need to be able to run a report to show much how much time on what days I spent for each project. Haven't found one that was really usable yet.

3. Kmed macrumors newbie

TSheets Time Tracker

I think I have a solution for both of you, rocknblogger and CylonGlitch! I use TSheets time tracking app and it has the ability to set up several clients (job codes) and easily run custom reports daily, weekly, monthly, etc. It will show up on any computer so for you, rocknblogger, both you and your clients see the same wigit with your hours (while sharing screens) in real time.... hopefully the picture of the wigit I attached shows up as an example of what both you and your clients would see on your screen.... hope this helps :)

[​IMG]

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

That's not quite what I'm looking for but at least it's an option.

@CylonGlitch I found this set of apps that I think looks great. It may be just what you're looking for. If it had an on screen timer I'd jump on it. Officetime

EDIT: The monthly fee also turns off regarding Tsheets.

5. TimeXchange macrumors newbie

I invite you to check out TimeXchange. There is also an iPhone companion app.

6. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

7. SteveWired macrumors newbie

OfficeTime, as mentioned previously, shows the elapsed time in the menubar. (It also lets you pause/resume projects there.) Does that help? www.officetime.net

8. PaigeS macrumors newbie

time tracker

If you still have not found a program that meets your needs, check out Finch for Mac. It is a really easy-to-use app that you can download from iTunes :)

9. burne macrumors 6502

burne

Toggl? Desktop-apps, browser-plugins, even phone-apps displaying time spent on a project. Bunch of features, like planned time-budgets for clients/projects and simple billing built in. Used to be a happy user, when I needed to bill my time.

https://www.toggl.com/public/widgets