I need tips on Cleaning Moshi Keyboard Guard/Cover :D

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CSilver, Jun 2, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Hi, ever since I got myself a Unibody Macbook I was worried the keyboard getting dirty so I bought this Moshi Keyboard Guard.

I have been using it for about 3 months now and I am so glade I bought it!!

The keyboard still looks awesome and all but the Keyboard Cover is turning into a dirty looking plastic...

I know the website says it is washable in water but I need some specific instructions since I can't trust myself xD I might go too far with it!

Thanks in advance ! Have a great day!

2. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Moshi's own cleaning instructions seem to make sense: http://www.moshimonde.com/products_info.asp?UPLF1=25&PDLS1=30 If it was me, I'd be inclined to let the Guard soak for a few minutes in warm water first with some washing-up liquid to soften any dirt. Avoid dish-washer detergent as that stuff is very harsh.

3. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright :p I guess I wasn't looking hard enough for the instruction. I thought that procedure was familiar :D Thanks for the awesome reply :D

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

The Moshi guard is sweet isn't it? Think of that grime that would have been on your keys.

When I sell my systems, the next owner will be relieved the keyboard feels new and not slippery with finger oil.