Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I really need to save an SMS conversation from a family member who passed away and don't ever want to lose it. I installed SMS Backup and Restore and added my gdrive account but on that screen it said with each new backup, any backups older than 30 days are deleted. I desperately do not want to lose this conversation, how should I back it up?

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
I really need to save an SMS conversation from a family member who passed away and don't ever want to lose it. I installed SMS Backup and Restore and added my gdrive account but on that screen it said with each new backup, any backups older than 30 days are deleted. I desperately do not want to lose this conversation, how should I back it up?

Can’t you screenshot the whole conversation?

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I thought a screenshot would just do one screen, this is a thread that goes back to last year

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
What kind of phone? Doesn’t Samsung have a feature that lets you screen shot an entire scrolled section, or am I mis-remembering it?

Reactions: nj1266

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

This one looks to backup to Gmail. Where I'm sure it'll stay unless you delete it. Maybe give it a shot? I've heard good things but have never tried it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I have it backed up to an xml file in my gdrive so I can just download this to any phone in the future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.