I need to be honest about 5S battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slash?, May 6, 2014.

1. Slash? macrumors newbie

It's awful, there is no other way of putting it.

Running 3G with what I would consider normal daily work usage? 3 days.

Running 4G with the same usage?

2 days.

2 DAYS!

Before you need to charge it again!

I wish they would stop making thinner phones and use the extra space for a bigger battery.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Just plug your phone in at night while you sleep. I rarely hit 18 hours before my battery dies.

3. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

You call two to three days of usage "awful"?
    You must be joking.

And here I thought 5-6 hours was bad.

4. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

5. theyooper macrumors newbie

3 days is GREAT for a smartphone. You probably didnt have a smartphone before you had your 5S. Its common to charge your phone daily.

6. Skika macrumors 68030

Is this suppose to be sarcasm le epic irony or what?

7. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

3 days? Do you only use it to check your battery life? I can barely get through 7-8 hours on a work day.

8. I7guy macrumors G5

Too funny. +1

9. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

This must be a troll thread as no one would consider 2 days before a charge bad battery life.

10. cynics macrumors G3

I couldn't get 2-3 days from not using my phone and only getting notifications. Maybe if I turned it off.

11. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I don't think he is a troll. I think he must be new to smartphones. My father doesn't want a phone that lasts less than a week. Not even joking. His LG flip phone used to last him 7 days!! Obviously it was on standby most of the time with short phone calls here and there.

His flip phone is about 5 years old and I had to find him a new battery for it on eBay. Even though the battery is "new" and never been used obviously the battery is somewhat aged from shelf life. His new battery only lasts him about 4-5 days. And he isn't happy about that. LOL!

My iPhone 4 lasts me about 6-7 hrs usually but I am always on it.

12. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

No idea if OP is being serious or not, but iphone battery life is bad at best. Apple is certainly doing whatever they can to optimize power use. Battery tech just has lagged behind.

13. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

ObviousTroll is quite obvious.

----------

That's the key here. His flip phone was just a phone.

If an iPhone didn't have a bright, hi resolution screen, video and game capabilities, and background processes like location, push mail, notifications etc then yeah, it would last for days and days too.

14. sunking101, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Blimey, I get four hours usage with 3G and only six with 2G. Three days would be awesome, I charge my phone twice a day!

15. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What I have to be honest about is…my irritation at two post wonders who come in, drop a bomb like this which causes tons of additional posts and the OP never responds or is heard from again.

If you're going to post stupid inflammatory threads have the decency to show back up and be pummeled for your idiocy!

17. theanimala macrumors 6502

I charge overnight, and every moment I am in the car, and still my battery is nearly dead by 8pm. I agree, make the phone a bit thicker and put in a real battery.

18. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Or put the phone down once in a while and do something else?

19. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Sad that people automatically goto "Troll!!!" whenever someone disses an Apple product on these forums.

coming from a razr maxx (original) I call 2 days bad. I could easily go a week on that puppy between charges, without breaking a sweat. It's one thing I really miss. It's nice when you go on roadtrips, camping, etc, and forget to bring a charger. With an iPhone it is "you better bring a charger or you are SoL".

Old flip phones could also go a week or two without a charge, and still have plenty of juice. My friends/relatives who are finally moving to smartphones are absolutely disgusted at the battery life on these devices.

I am sick of the "small light phone" fetish going on these days. Add some extra battery. an extra oz of extra weight and 1mm of thickness isn't going to break your dang hand - and if it does - you really need to get out and exercise... and this is coming from someone with terrible carpel tunnel.

20. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

He has got to be kidding, i wish i could get two days of use from my 5s. I recharge every night and often have to plug in during the day to top up.

21. Skika macrumors 68030

If you want a thick and heavy device so you can have 3 day battery life in the woods with no electricity why dont you just buy one of those battery cases and leave us who want a thin sleek and sexy device, alone:^)?

22. afsnyder macrumors 65816

He's being sarcastic.

23. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If by the time you leave home, and comeback in the evening, and your iPhone has charge, your lucky!!!!

When we got smartphones, the (s) dropped of days.

If your trolling, well played Sir!!!

24. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I agree. It's obvious he's trolling.

25. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Or just buy a Nokia 3310. ;)

Stupid long battery and indestructible. !!! Damn that was a legendary phone!!!