I need to buy screen protector without bubble

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphonetoday, Sep 3, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

i need to buy protector screen for iphone 4
    i try to purchase 2 times already on ebay [ 5-10 dollars ]
    none of it work perfect
    when install it , bubble leave 2,3 spot on display screen

can anyone show me which one is good one without bubble when install it
    the best one

i looking for clear hd screen with anti glare finger print

thanks .....

2. ColeMayfield Guest

ColeMayfield

I just thought I would let ya know, I had a guy from the Apple Store sell me and apply whichever Screen Protector that Apple recommends, and it is Amazing ! I am really happy with it !!! If you go into your Apple Store, ask for the ones that are non-glossy (Matte Finish) and also ask for someone who is good at applying them, they will give you someone (Employee at the Store) who knows what they are doing :)

Just my Recommendation, I am EXTREMELY sensitive when it comes to screen protectors due to bubbles, and thus far (3 months) my Screen Protector is perfect...

:apple: CM :apple:

P.S. - I really like the Matte Finish rather then the Glossy...

3. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

so only apple store can fix it
    outside purchase not work at all ?

4. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

The problem with bubbles isn't screen shield related it's install related.

Any time you have dust on your screen before you place the screen shield on you're going to end up with dust bubbles. The smallest speck of dust will result in a bubble. You must take care to insure your screen is completely free of dust before installing.

If you do end up with dust there are some tricks (using scotch tape) to removing them.

I highly suggest watching this video - which shows the best way I've found to install screen shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkChyIPiP0&feature=player_embedded

If you still have a problem you might want to check out the Moshi iVisor AG. They do install virtually bubble free because the screen shield portion that's clear never comes in contact with the glass.

http://store.moshimonde.com/iphone-ipod/ivisor-ag-iphone4.html

5. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

the application determines if you'll have bubbes or not. I think for the most part, all screen protectors will work just fine, assuming they are installed correctly.

I think the OP is making the mistake of blaming the tools and not the installer. :p

6. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

i do using cloth clean before press skin protector down , but the result is still bubble , i try 3 times streth wasting my 3 pieces ,

so , do i need to get water wipe screen first then using cloth dry it ,
    because when i install only using cloth wipe lcd screen iphone ,

thanks

7. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Please go back and read what I wrote the first time.

Watch the video.

It shows you how to do it the right way.

8. polzii macrumors 6502

I tried the Moshe (Moshi) screen protector for a friend's iPad. Went on extremely easily wthout any bubbles, very minimal effort required compared to the regular screen protectors. I found a similar product online for the iPhone. here : http://store.moshimonde.com/iphone-ipod/ivisor-ag-iphone4.html

Quote from the site :
    I have not tested the iPhone version, so please do your due diligence.

It was a bit expensive at $30+tax at the local At&T store but since he didnt care about the price, I decided to give it a whirl, was pleasantly surprised. If price is not an issue, I recommend it.

9. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

2 days ago I installed my screen shield from SGP(ultra clear), I cleaned the screen,then I applied the scotch tape,I have the large one that goes all the way to the screen and then applied the shield,no bubbles at all. I am not good at it,the shield seem to be bubble free, and also you need a good "strategy" when you will do it.Just have patience and use the scotch tape as the guy mention it above.