iPad mini I need to change to a 4G Mini, wait or not?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Handle, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Handle macrumors regular

I have a Wifi-only iPad Mini right now that I love. I use it for work and play.

Now that I've been using it, I realize that I really need one with cellular access.I could get it through my cell provider (AT&T) for $359 plus $36 activation.

So my question is, do I sell it now and buy another Mini with 4G? Or do I wait a little while for a new model Mini to come out? I'm not sure if the next model release is supposed to have big changes or not.

Second, what is my 16Gig Mini worth? I wouldn't know where to even start on price.

Thanks!

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I would wait. Can you tether or use a mifi in tthe meantime?

A used mini 16gb is worth 250-300.

3. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

It will cost significantly more per month to make my iPhone a hotspot and connect my Wifi iPad to it, then to get a new iPad with 4G and add it to my cell plan for $10 a month. It's also a pain to use the iPhone as a hotspot because I have to turn it off every time I get home or somewhere with a Wifi or else the iPad will keep using bandwidth from the iPhone. It also kills the iPhone's battery quickly (lots of complaints :D ).

Wow, that's not bad at all!! Where is the best place to sell it, Craigslist? I hope no buyers try to kill me :(:eek:

4. sbddude macrumors 6502a

5. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

I've looked into it, but it all looks like it would be a pain to use (having to carry something else around with me) and just as expansive as getting a new iPad Mini and paying only $10 month to put it on my cell plan.

6. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

since you already have the mini, you might as well wait for the mini 2 and get the LTE.

7. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

When is that going to come out?

8. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

my guess is fall 2013. could be a year after they released the ipad mini (nov 2012) or a little bit earlier.

9. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

You may even want to wait for the iPad 5 which is rumored to be smaller and lighter
    (in addition to having retina display, like the 3 and 4)