I need to know this before I buy an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waloshin, Oct 2, 2011.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I currently own a Motorola Atrix and love to multitask with it:

With an iPhone can I:

A) Run a free Navigation software like Google Navigator on my phone.

B) At the same time as running the Navigation software run Slacker Radio.

C) Also is there messaging software like Ebuddy for Aim, and Facebook.

D) Is there a Wordpress application that will allow me to track my stats and upload posts?

E) Lastly are their different types of web browsers like Dolphin HD?

Thanks

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes to all of them, but you need an iPhone 3GS or higher for multitasking purposes.

A) Comes with Google Maps as a stock app

B) Yes and Slacker is free app store download

C) Yes to both apps. There is even a separate Facebook messaging app plus iMessage in iOS 5.

D) Yes, it's a free app store download. Lets you see stats, makes posts, and more.

E) Yes, there are many good ones and there is even a version of Dolphin for iPhone and iPad.

3. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

b)google is stock yes, but it's not "voice-navigation" per-se but there is a free voice navigation app you can get cant remember the name at the moment

4. dba415 macrumors 6502

mapquest

5. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I was just about to call you out on this, but I open wordpress on my phone, and there are stats!! They must have sneaked this in in the last update! Awesome, I've been hoping they'd do this for a while.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

7. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

I am also curious to how many apps Apple lets you have on your phone at once?

8. ctbear macrumors 6502a

To OP: if you're used to Android's Google Maps navigation, you probably won't want to use anything else. Certainly not a deal breaker for owning an iPhone, but not even the paid apps on App Store (Tomtom, Navigon etc) can match that.

9. USMCWifey07 macrumors member

I agree with this 100%...With that being said though I still don't regret switching to an iPhone :)

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

2160 is the max you can fit using folders I think

11. Millionin20s macrumors regular

I don't know if you can literally put this many apps on your phone, but with Apple adding folders to iOS last year you can conceivably put 2160 apps on an iPhone/Pad/Pod touch.

12. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

If you plan on jailbreaking use tomtom or navigon and get navigate from maps from maps. Thats sweet!!

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

A) Run a free Navigation software like Google Navigator on my phone.
    Yes you can run free Navigation software, there is Mapquest, which does free Turn-By-Turn directions. However, don't dismiss the paid software so quick, as Navigon has been an AWESOME piece of software that I am glad I paid for. Navigon app + Windshield mount = Amazing. I do still use the onboard Google Maps to look up a phone number, or for simple non-turn-by-turn directions (as thats only what its capable of).

B) At the same time as running the Navigation software run Slacker Radio. Yes, just double tap the home button to switch back and forth between apps you have running. Touch and hold and then press on the red icon to quit out of the apps.

C) Also is there messaging software like Ebuddy for Aim, and Facebook.Yes there are official apps for eBuddy, AIM, and most definitely Facebook.

D) Is there a Wordpress application that will allow me to track my stats and upload posts?Yes there is an official WordPress App

E) Lastly are their different types of web browsers like Dolphin HD?
    Yes, Opera Mini, SkyFire, etc. Don't know what Dolphin HD is but most definitely you have other browser choices other than Safari. However, when clicking links in E-Mails, SMS, etc they will always open in Safari by default.

Hope this helps.