joey4127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
I need some kind of free software to make like a magazine or newspaper. Thanks

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Why do you think people pay a lot of money for Indesign or QuarkXpress? Even software like Pages costs something...

However, after my little rant/lecture comes an answer. :)

Try Ragtime Solo.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
SFVCyclone said:
i think the trial version wont let you output to print, not sure, any one out there have experience with the trial version?
I did try an earlier demo version without any restrictions and the new trial version is to the best of my knowledge a fully-featured demo – the only restriction being the 30 day deadline. Of course, I might be wrong!

mox358

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2002
Indiana
If this is going to be a weekly, monthly, repeating time of thing, I highly suggest Pages. Its layout capabilities seem very nice (coming from a graphic designer with Quark/ID background). The price is very nice for what you get.

If not, go with the ID trial. :D

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Try Ragtime Solo. However, the free version is not licensed for commercial use.

edit: oops -- didn't see Blue Velvet beat me to it. I've used Ragtime for a few little things. It can be annoying at times, but it will get probably the job done.

interslice

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
NL
Try Ragtime Solo. However, the free version is not licensed for commercial use.

edit: oops -- didn't see Blue Velvet beat me to it. I've used Ragtime for a few little things. It can be annoying at times, but it will get probably the job done.
i dno't think there is a SOLO any more?
still is there anything else?

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
You might also get NeoOffice/Open Office to suffice. While they're free and full-featured, I find them difficult to use for complex tasks. But you can't beat the price!

mt