Supposedly I was promoted to Assistant Manager five weeks ago, with a raise to come with it. The three paychecks I've received since then fail to reflect this. Two weeks ago, I inquired about my status, with the promise of an answer that Friday. Needless to say, that Friday came and went with nothing. Last Thursday I was able to speak in person with my regional manager (one step above store manager) who said 1) I should have an answer by yesterday and 2) the title and raise would be retroactive to 1 September, which was when I was initially offered and accepted the position. Yesterday came and went with similar results, and today I find that 1) the raise came through at much less than for which I asked, 2) will not be effective for another week, and 3) contrary to what I was directly told, there will be no back pay. I've tried calling both the regional manager and her boss to get some answers, but so far they've neglected to have the common courtesy to return my calls. While I'm upset about the money, what has me spitting nails is that I had to wait five weeks for this and moreso, that I was blantantly lied to about the particulars. I can understand it taking a week to get properly sorted, but not five. What's more, I've been busting my hump there all the while, going above & beyond to demonstrate that I'm fit to handle the added responsibility that goes with the job. When someone was needed to stay late or do extra work, I had no problem staying over, my personal plans aside. Not even the manager can be bothered to put in extra anything, and people in three separate stores all know I'm the one holding ours together, I'm the one they go to when they need something, not her. I'm not mad at the local manager, as she's been going to bat for me over this, because she knows 1) I'm deserving of it and 2) her success comes or goes depending on me, basically. She was hired in with zero management experience and is already thinking of leaving as she got a higher paying offer elsewhere just recently. Keep in mind the Christmas rush is right around the corner, and after this there is no amount of money that could convince me to run things for them. At this point I'm still weighing my options. I'm speaking to my dad tonight; he's an attorney should I decide to pursue that route. As far as the company goes, they can either make this right or I'll find work elsewhere. End rant.