Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
:eek:

The page down/up keys were not working in Safari as well as a few other things, so I AppZapped it and then reinstalled the Bundled Software from my OSX discs (10.4.4 I think).

Anyway, now it's not to be found on my iMac (Intel Core Duo) and every download I can find on the Apple site are for 1.x versions which don't work at all or an update which doesn't work since there is nothing for it to update...

At the moment I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137) and using BonEcho but I want my Safari back. Anyone care to help me out? It would be muchos appreciated and if it helps I'm listening to Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire :cool:

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Why did you do something stupid like that? Anyway, try reinstalling the Mac OS X 10.4.9 Combo Update from Apple.com or using Pacefist to extract it from your install disks.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
You could always just run the WebKit Nightly instead...

It might be slightly unstable in places, but overall I've found them to be quite stable and usable. Plus they'll have better support for a lot of stuff.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Yeah, the wireless one, the keys work on every other app... I've deleted every plug-in/extension as well.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Nope, didn't help... I've discovered it works on RSS feeds but not on actual webpages, which seems an oddity.

Ganchic

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2009
London, UK
any suggest please?

I can't see full screen on a websites such as facebook, youtube etc.
does anyone has any idea what should I do and in case if I have to re-download safari how can I do it?

Ta!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.