I Need to Restore after JB, Battery Life is Poor.

ichiban06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I fully charged my Iphone 4 around 8am but forgot to take it with me to work, when I got back from work battery is down to 88%.

Wifi on
3G off
Brightness - 25%
Push, Pull - off
OpenSSH - off

Installed
SBsettings
Backgrounder
Makeitmine.
UltraSnow Unlock.

Any reason not to upgrade to 4.0.1? if not then do I just hit the upgrade button in Itunes or do I need to put the Phone to DFU then upgrade? I have 4.0 SHSH stored on cydia so won't have problem going back to 4.0.

Attachments

cleggster83

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Bolton, UK
I fully charged my phone around 8am but forgot to take it with me to work, when I got back from work battery is down to 88%.

Wifi on
3G off
Brightness - 25%
Push, Pull - off
OpenSSH - off

Installed
SBsettings
Backgrounder
Makeitmine.
UltraSnow Unlock.

Any reason not to upgrade to 4.0.1? if not then do I just hit the upgrade button in Itunes or do I need to put the Phone to DFU then upgrade? I have 4.0 SHSH stored on cydia so won't have problem going back to 4.0.
88% isnt that bad for you have done. But u need to do a force restore to tae off the jailbreak. If you jailbreaked by Jailbreakme.com you just click restore fom your itunes account.

ichiban06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
88% isnt that bad for you have done. But u need to do a force restore to tae off the jailbreak. If you jailbreaked by Jailbreakme.com you just click restore fom your itunes account.
88% in 7Hrs without even using it is pretty poor. I've just removed Background, SSH and Makeitmine so just have Sbsettings Installed. I going to leave the phone for a few hours to see if the battery continues to drop dramatically.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I've kind of noticed the same thing on my iPhone 4. It would usually last me 1.5 days of normal use but today it's down to 18% after 20 hours.

My 8GB 3GS is getting better battery life than my 4 is right now.

ichiban06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
after hour on standby it dropped 3% :( guess I'm going to update it to 4.0.1 then try again.

ichiban06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I decide to reboot the Iphone to see if it made a difference after I removed some of the Cydia Apps, and so far its been good. My battery was at 65% an hour later its still on 65% :)

So the App causing the problem is either Backgrounder, OpenSSh or MakeItMine.

Edit:All seems well... at 12:45am battery was at 45% 3hrs later it still at 45% :)