I need to upgrade Firmware 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jul 24, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

i'm using ios 4 right now , battery is ok , what if i upgrade to 5 , will it drain fast ? thanks

2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

iOS 5 really isn't worth using unless you're a dev.

Wait until launch for the issues to be dealt with

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

According to some posts in the forum, yes. I don't pay much attention to the iOS 5 posts so you may find many people who don't have battery issues.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm making this a separate post in case the Admins need to delete it.

The OP said he needs iOS5. He could be a dev and is asking about the battery life before taking the plunge. I've also got a personal opinion on whether he's a dev or not, but staying on topic is a good thing. If the OP paid his $99 then he knows the rules. If he's going to go torrent it or pick it up some other way, then I don't think he's going to listen. Personally (again) I'm not a dev and I would love to try the new stuff but I'm not going to put a beta on my daily use phone.

5. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Hence the "unless you're a dev"

6. shandyman Suspended

i was on topic, i stated battery works great, i added the latter in case he was not a dev as some people on here are quick to attack anyone that seems to encourage non-devs to install. i'm not a dev, i do beta testing for my mate and i get to put beta on my iPhone and iPad and as perk, my apple tv 2, they're in everyday use and not had any debilitating issue. if anything, my battery life is better than iOS 4.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry, but I still can't frame that into a question about battery life. We can agree to disagree. Too much sniping going on in the forum today. Strange. The Admins are doing a good job at keeping up with it.

8. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I think the battery is way better on beta 4, hell it may be a bug. Mine is so good it's not funny. 3hrs 39min and 67% left. If you have a friend that is a dev, or you are, it's worth getting hooked up with the beta, the new features are great and for what I do it seems pretty bug free.