i need You Help

danpixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
4
0
I have ordered 140 pounds worth of computer components from a company www.overclockers.co.uk

It been three weeks now and these ****ers have taken my money an not sent the goods. This is the good bit. They do not except Email. and when ever I try too ring the company it always in gadged.

I just do not now what to do to get the money back. Anyone els been in this situation before.

I am not working at the moment and I just cannot aford to loss 140 pounds.
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,478
205
visiting from downstream
Have you tried calling the equivalent of the Better Business Bureau in Stoke-on-Trent? (We call it the BBB here in the US... I don't know what it's called in the UK.) And is the line always busy/engaged? For example, have you tried calling in the evening, or early in the morning?

I would instantly suspect any e-commerce site that didn't accept or respond to e-mails and whose phone line was always busy.

Good luck.
 

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2004
282
0
west sussex UK
danpixel said:
I have ordered 140 pounds worth of computer components from a company www.overclockers.co.uk

It been three weeks now and these ****ers have taken my money an not sent the goods. This is the good bit. They do not except Email. and when ever I try too ring the company it always in gadged.

I just do not now what to do to get the money back. Anyone els been in this situation before.

I am not working at the moment and I just cannot aford to loss 140 pounds.
if you paid by credit card, tell them(credit card issuer) about it cos i believe that your contract of sale is probably with them. They will then sort it (poss)
 

danpixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
4
0
rogerw said:
if you paid by credit card, tell them(credit card issuer) about it cos i believe that your contract of sale is probably with them. They will then sort it (poss)
I did pay by credit card. I have tried the phone the company at all hours. I have managed to get in contact with them twice, but that was three weeks ago, and they give me the same old story. We are dealing with the order sir.

If you have any advise about geting the money back with the visa company it would be very welcome.
 

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2004
282
0
west sussex UK
danpixel said:
I did pay by credit card. I have tried the phone the company at all hours. I have managed to get in contact with them twice, but that was three weeks ago, and they give me the same old story. We are dealing with the order sir.

If you have any advise about geting the money back with the visa company it would be very welcome.
try ringing the visa company
 

danpixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
4
0
Peterkro said:
overclockers are a reputable company.This sounds like a glitch keep ringing them,maybe at 9 in the morning.Don't be surprised if the delivery company has lost your order.

From what i have been hearing of other people horror stories overclockers are far from a reputable company. Look at what i am dealing with.

And if you do not be leave me give them a ring tomorrow. It will be Engaged.

Sales - UK 0870 443 0880

Good Luck
 

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
2,149
1,419
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
O.K. I can see your point.Remember though al these companies are just box shifters and need to get your order from there suppliers,delays are not uncommon.That said overclockers has been around for some time and if they were ripping of customers they'd be dead very quicly.
 

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
1,813
7
Rochester, NY
Peterkro said:
overclockers are a reputable company.This sounds like a glitch keep ringing them,maybe at 9 in the morning.Don't be surprised if the delivery company has lost your order.
Yea, I've been to their website many times looking for tips on how to (who'd guess?) overclock my PC and its GPU. They seem very reputable, and are always recommended by the folks at TechTV for lots of different things.
 

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
2,149
1,419
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Littleodie914 said:
Yea, I've been to their website many times looking for tips on how to (who'd guess?) overclock my PC and its GPU. They seem very reputable, and are always recommended by the folks at TechTV for lots of different things.
I can't figure out if thats sarcasm or naivity.Techtv???
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.