I need your Advice - Apple Store Experience After Returning iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbasra, Aug 6, 2010.

1. rbasra macrumors newbie

On July 24th I returned my iPhone 4. During the original transaction I paid cash. The Apple store employee who was helping me with my return informed me that I would receive a check in the mail for the amount of $454 and some change. However, its been 10 days since the return and I have yet to receive a check in the mail. I called AppleCare yesterday and started a case # with them, they advised that the check is supposed to come directly from the store that the item was returned to and not from Apple direct and that I go speak with the store manager. I went to the Walnut creek store and spoke to the manager, and he said he will get a hold of the finance department and give me an update. What course of action or any advice can you guys give me to succesfully recover my money back? Thanks in advance.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

get an update from the finance mgr or store mgr?

3. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

Keep calling the store manager every day till you get the refund, make him so sick of hearing from you that he will make it a priority just to shut you up! also go in whenever you can and ask for him!

- persistance!

NT

4. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

E-mail Steve from your droid phone. He answers those first!

6. rbasra thread starter macrumors newbie

So I emailed Steve, and emailed the store manager at the Walnut Creek store - I have yet to hear back from both of them. I will keep you guys updated, but the last thing I want is Apple to keep my money.

Lesson learned so far through out this experience : Always pay on a debit/credit card!

Any other course of action I should take to ensure I get my full refund back?

Has anyone on here experienced something similar ?

7. 184550 Guest

Do you really think a company with $30+ Billion in cash is going to try and screw you out of $400 odd measly dollars? The PR is hardly worth it. It probably takes a while to issue a check as probably %99.9 of refunds are done via credit or debit card.

10 business days is probably a good estimate of the time it takes for the necessary paperwork to be completed to authorize a check.

8. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Most stores that have to do a large refund of a check when cash is paid state the customer should allow 10 to 14 business day's for processing. Like someone said above they aren't going to try and screw you. Just keep checking in periodically in the mail.

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

It looks like its been what, 2 weeks since your return? To be honest, as posted above, I'd say that is pretty normal and wouldn't have expected it to be much more expeditious.

Give it a few more days and you should be good. I definitely would not worry about Apple trying to screw you out of your refund.

10. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

When I returned my iPad, I paid cash so I had to wait for a check as well. It took about 10 - 14 business days to receive it. And, I don't believe it came from my local store. Be persistent! With that said, I am sure you will get your money back.

11. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

12. izzisdashiz macrumors member

There is no refund issue.

13. neal.young macrumors member

Just avoid paying for it that way.

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Old joke is old.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

How were you able to pay cash or has Apple repealed its no cash policy for the iPhone?

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm with you, I though that at least 50% of the transaction amount had to be placed on a debit/credit card. The online Apple Store is currently down (que freakout) so at the moment I can't check what their current policy is on the iPhone as far as sales go.

17. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

For something like a check refund you can expect 4-6 weeks in most cases to see anything happen.

10 days not quite long enough to be raising a fuss about.

18. cowsrus macrumors 6502

off-topic but the walnut creek apple store is where i go as well ^.^

i thought apple didnt let you buy products like the iphone in cash anyway?

19. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Not true. I stuffed my hundred dollar bills in the Apple store employees panties and she let me walk away with an iPad.

20. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I had an iPhone 4 replaced today for $199, cash. I also used the Walnut Creek store.

21. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

Uhm either wait a little longer or annoy them to death...:p

22. rbasra thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple did not dissapoint. Got my check in the mail today. Time to go buy me a nice new shiny iPad =). Super excited!!