I need your advice for MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Aluminum

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSultan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. iSultan macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I was going to buy MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Aluminum next week, but my friend said that there is a new Macbook will appear soon.

Configuration

* 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    * 320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    * SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    * Backlit Keyboard (English) / User's Guide

So, What do you think? buy it or wait for Mac touch screen?

I am really waiting you ...

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

The tablet/touchscreen isn't even confirmed and may not come out this year. If you need a laptop now, buy it. If you can wait, wait.

3. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

I have the same setup with a 250GB HDD and let me tell you it is awesome. Get it, the tablet may never exist and if it does come out it likely wont match the specs of a MBP.

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I have the normal 2.53 13" MBP, but you just upgraded the HDD, so I think I can give good advice for that exact model. It's an awesome computer! I had a 20" iMac from when the aluminum ones were first introduced (literally bought the day after release), and it was great (was my first mac). When I needed a laptop for school, I knew I had to have another mac. When I was considering my purchase at first, I could not decide between the white Macbook and the then-called Aluminum Macbook 2.0 and 2.4, so since it was a week from WWDC, I figured I would wait, especially since the newer white MB was faster than the base aluminum at that point. Boy am I glad I did! I got a better battery, more RAM, a faster CPU, a bigger HDD, FW800, an SD card reader, and a headphone jack compatible with my iPod touch's remote headphones (they cost me quite a bit, so I was definitely glad). I also saved $100 on the computer. Definitely buy this computer. If money is an issue, go for the 2.26, but upgrade RAM and HDD. I think it's great, but I may be a bit jaded in my view of laptops because every other one I have used, including my parents' Dells have always seemed incredibly bogged down and slow, especially compared to my old iMac.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

get it.you're paying for it. Only wait if your friend will buy.YOU need it now, not your friend.:rolleyes:

6. iSultan thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Branskins macrumors 65816

I don't think you will regret it! I bought mine a few days ago and it is amazing (my first Mac!).

I bought the base model and find it to be pefect! You might save a lot of money going for the 2.26 and then upgrading the RAM and HDD on your own.

8. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

I would just get it now and be happy with your machine.

9. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Definately get it :)

Just out of interest, is there much performance difference between the 2.26GHz and 2.53GHz models?

10. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

you must buy it [​IMG] haha but to answer the quesstion above, for normal computer actions you wouldnt notice it but possibly when rendering video edits and photo editing, heavy applications basically then you will see a decent improvement in speed

11. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I would get it- I just got a 15 " MacBook Pro and love it.

PLus- a tablet isn't a great machine to do much real work on- who wants to try and prop it up ALL the time- or else be looking directly down at it. While I think Apple will come out with something cool, that is a drawback to the traditional tablets- using it in your lap sitting at the couch isn't ideal for a tablet...at least for me.

12. collegemac21 macrumors newbie

I read somewhere that the new tablet, if released, could possibly be used as an external device for any mac.

13. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

It could also possible give you a back massage while cooking you dinner... what does it matter what's possible? Anything is possible until it's released. Until then, don't let "I read somewhere..." make your decision for you.

14. superlatic macrumors regular

Get it

Specs were only updated in June so they sure as hell wont see another refresh until Jan/Feb