I need your guys opinion on something.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GKDAIR, Apr 22, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

Ok, I have a Macbook air that I enjoy every much. My mom is getting a mac soon but she doesn't know if she wants an imac with a new ipad or just a Macbook Pro.

She is majoring in marketing and is going to become a real estate agent, so I suggested just the imac with the new ipad but what are your guys thoughts on the subject?

2. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

I would say a 27" iMac and a iPad 2 or if the new features on the ipad3 are worth it then go for that.

3. estrides macrumors regular

estrides

IMHO, Id go with the Imac and ipad.

The imac is awesome as a desktop and if you have it then the iPad can link to it, etc...

Another option would be to get the MBP, and an external screen.

Just my two cents.

4. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

I used an iPad for almost everything during my last semester at Uni, and I wished that Apple had released the iPad when I first started studying. I used a PC at home for writing essays, because you can't beat the ergonomics of a proper keyboard and screen (like an iMac) for hours of continuous use.

The iPad is the best thing since sliced bread for reading PDFs, taking short notes during a lecture, brainstorming etc etc. I also wholly recommend the student scheduling app iStudiez as it allows one to keep a tight reighn on upcoming assignment deadlines etc.

5. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

Oh but noes! Tablets are toys!

6. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

A friend is a real estate agent and having an iPad has been a real asset work-wise. She got the second generation iPad last year, the new one with retina display would be even better for her for client meetings. So I'm giving a definite Yes vote for iMac & iPad considering your mom's interests.

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

+1 For The iPad
    About The Mac, the decision is based on preference, mobility or big screen, budget.
    The MacBooks can always be connected to other displays.