I need your help deciding!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hiimkevin062, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Hiimkevin062 macrumors newbie

Hiimkevin062

Alright guys I currently have two machines but want to sell one.

Tell me what you would do:

First machine is:

MID 2015 no warranty but still running strong

2.2 GHZ I7 MACBOOK PRO 15 inch

256GB SSD

16 GB RAM

Next machine is:

2016 MacBook Pro 13 inch

2.9 GHZ I5

8GB RAM

256 SSD

WITH TOUCH BARD AND WARRANTY TILL 2020

I’m really stuck and I don’t know what to keep

Ease of portability with the 13 inch but also way better viewing for 15 inch...

I’m so torn....

2. Lunder89 macrumors 6502

Lunder89

I think you need to take a look at what you need the most. Portability or the larger display. Where you you work the most? And what do you need the most when you work there?

If a large screen is key, getting an iMac instead of the 15" might be worth looking into. You can most likely get the iMac a little cheaper than a new 15" notebook. Especially if games is not important, then a 21,5" iMac 4K would do well.
    That way you have a great screen for long sessions at home, and a 13" very portable Mac.
    This is what I did by the way, but I got the 27" 5K iMac, because I still wanna play games, and it sports a better graphics card.

3. Hiimkevin062 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hiimkevin062

So forgot to mention I already have a 27 inch iMac! I’m just concerned about Touch Bar... is it really worth it

4. IngerMan macrumors 65816

IngerMan

Put them both up for sale for good fair price. What ever one sells first, problem solved you only have one and some extra cash. :)

5. Lunder89 macrumors 6502

Lunder89

Ahh. Then I think, still, the decision should be based on what you use each Mac for. If it was me, I would wonder, if I already had a large 27" iMac, if I needed the 15" on the go?
    You can get the 13" with quad-core processors, if they are fast enough, to do what you need to do.

You need to ask yourself, if either is a hassel?
    For me, carrying around a 2kg, Mac is a hassel, so, 13" for me. The default resolution is the same, and the larger display doesn't really do anything for me.
    I choose the 15" back in 2013, because I needed the stronger graphics card.

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

I'd keep the 2015, because of all the problems folks have had with the 2016's...

7. jlc1978 macrumors 68020

jlc1978

Which one do you find yourself using more often? Is there one special case where yo need the capabilities of one over the other? Only you know what your needs are.