I need your help finding an iphone 4 case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by garrett1996, Feb 20, 2011.

1. garrett1996 macrumors newbie

Ok, so i got an AT&T iphone 4 a couple days ago, and while i love the design of the phone, im constantly in fear that im going to drop it and crack the glass on either the front or the back. I've been looking for a case for my phone, but i just cant find one i like, so i was hoping you could recommend some cases for me.

I really dont like big bulky cases. I'm looking for something that doesnt add to much bulk, but will protect my phone. I was looking at the otterbox commuter but it seems to bulky. I was also looking at the case-mate barley there cases but they dont seem like they protect the front to well. It looks like if i dropped the phone and it fell on its front it would crack. I also really like the color red and alot of cases do not come in red. Color isnt that big of an issue. I'm also not a huge fan of silicone cases, but would be willing to try one. Any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

speck see thru satin is a great case, get a powers support front screen shield also.

3. Walse macrumors member

How about a switcheasy capsule rebel?

I'm using one now, quite a looker as well.

You might wish to check out the range of cases they have.

4. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

+1 on the Rebel. The Trim is a good option as well

5. austin571 macrumors regular

Ringkle silicone with the case mate tough shell, power support screen protector

Attached Files:

6. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed

7. FMD:. macrumors member

To be honest its personal preference, if you want something that is going to protect it well, its going to be a little bulky (not much though).

Look at TPU resin cases made out of pliable polyurethane material. Make sure the case also has edges that wrap around the front of the phone so if it falls flat on the surface, it will not even touch and scratch the glass. Also as for scratching goes, some kind of lifetime warranty invisible shield. I bought one called Skinomi, has a life time warranty made with military grade material. Supposedly also reusable?

I know what you are going through, I have had my verizon iphone 4 for over a week now and have been super careful with it making sure i do not drop it, scratch it, put it in my pocket with my keys,etc and now have my new Speck PixelSkin HD case on its way with the invisible shield. Be warry of plastic hard cases as even though they are plastic and hard, the phone could be damaged if there is no type of "padding" in the inside of the case.

I am sure I will be getting another one by casemate that caught my eye, but we will see how this speck case holds up ;)

Congrats on the new purchase and good luck with your search!

8. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

that is a interesting combo you got there how is the fit?

9. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I really like the apple bumper and other similar type of bumpers. I have the apple one at the moment, and its classy, minimalist design including the aluminum buttons add class. Its has clean lines as well.

It can survive drops and what not. But again, more impact protection means a more hideous looking a case. I think the apple case is a good compromise of looks and protection.

Im honestly going for an even thinner case though. I order ordered (and i'm waiting for) a pinlo slice 3 case that basically is paper thin. :D I really like the aesthetics of the iphone case and want one that is just there for prevent signal drop loss since I experience that a lot.

10. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Just fyi, I have the pixelskin hd case... While I will use it for active days (i.e. going on hikes), its bulky imho, and the buttons on the volume and especially the power/sleep button are super-stiff!!! Its my least used case.

11. FMD:. macrumors member

really? well im glad i got it pretty cheap then! thanks for the info!

12. garrett1996 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all for your feedback!! Im currently looking at the SwitchEasy Trim case. Any body know anything about that one? If so, does it hold up well?

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes. Other good choices are the Case-Mate Tough case and the CapsuleRebel.

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

15. austin571 macrumors regular

Fit is great. Looks like it would pop out, but it hasn't in 4 months.
    Did not like the silicone that came with the case mate - too flimsy, but the ringkle is great