iPhone XR I need your help please (front camera issue)

Lekro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Budapest, Hungary
Hello,

In my previous thread I told the story of the messed up AASP repair that was done to my phone.

They did a cleaning on the front facing camera of the XR I have.

I'm almost 100% sure they wiped off or damaged the blueish coating on it. Can you guys help me? I post a pic about it. If you have time please post photos about the front camera lens on your X, XS, XR or XS Max so I can compare and take further steps with this mess.

Attachments

Lekro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Budapest, Hungary
Another XR

EDIT: I can't compare to that one because it has a tempered glass screen protector over it.

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hello,

In my previous thread I told the story of the messed up AASP repair that was done to my phone.

They did a cleaning on the front facing camera of the XR I have.

I'm almost 100% sure they wiped off or damaged the blueish coating on it. Can you guys help me? I post a pic about it. If you have time please post photos about the front camera lens on your X, XS, XR or XS Max so I can compare and take further steps with this mess.
If you’re so concerned and “100% positive” that Apple damaged your phone, then why don’t you specifically address that with them? And if you already did, then what was their response? There probably isn’t much assistance you will receive off this thread versus actually addressing this with Apple directly if they damaged your phone as your saying.

Lekro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Budapest, Hungary
The phone is at the store and they are opening it up unauthorized for god knows how many times now.

But ok its OCD for sure. Thanks.

/thread