I Need Your Opinion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchLover, Apr 19, 2009.

1. iTouchLover macrumors member

Okay, I have an iDea. I'm on T-Mobile and have a iPod Touch.So, I just renewed my plan like March 13. So, I can't get an iPhone. I know a guy whos good with computers. Like made his own computer good. I was thinking of opening my iPod, installing some iPhone crap on it, rewiring it, and installing some other crap. I'm thinking I could use it as my iPhone. I know that on a scale of 1/10 (10 being it's so stupid I'm probably a guy who lives in a box(no offense to people in boxes.)) I think it's a number higher then what KanYe West's swagger owns. That's like a hundred, thousand, trillion and one. But it's worth a shot. Whats your opinion?:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. duykur macrumors regular

it's impossible, don't try it, you will just mess up your ipod touch.

3. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

5. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

If only we were geniuses. I think I spelled that right.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Well there is no earpiece or mic, and the touch is not thick enough for the electronics you'd have to add.

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Trust me. If it were at all possible, someone else would have done it by now. There's just no room in the Touch's case, and the amount of modding it would take would require specialized equipment, an engineering degree, and more money than an unsubsidized iPhone + your early termination fee.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Does this guy even know how much thicker the iPhone is than any iPod touch? The main reason you can't get a 32GB iPhone at the moment is the fact that there's already so much inside that they can't fit in the extra flash chips. Trying to fit that into an iPod touch = phail.

9. Angus Frampton macrumors newbie

Well, I think you should try. An iTouch with a phone is a cool idea.

10. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

The case is FAR to small. Don't even bother. Also the circuit board is made by machines so the components are probably microscopic.

11. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Some, yes. You'd have to be damn good at soldering to change any of them.

12. omellete macrumors newbie

wow. can we really do that?wouldnt count on it[​IMG]

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Would you like your box now? ;) Just joking, you clearly didn't realise how much difference there is between the 2 devices.

14. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

r.j.s - Ok, we can adjust the size a bit. We can buy the iPhone earpiece and mic.

Darth.Titan - What if nobody was smart enough to think about something so stupid? Read above in my comment to r.j.s. We got the equipment. Don't worry about the degree. Don't worry about the money.

Ivan P - Lol, I thought you were calling me stupid and a failure. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE SIZE!

Angus Frampton - Thanks. You'll get the first one.

JavaWizKid - STOP WITH THE SIZE!!!!!

r.j.s. - I got the size covered.

omellete - Im trying!

instaxgirl - Yes I'd like a refrigerator with a side of T-Mobile and an iPhone. Jk. I don't like big boxes.

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It would be easier, cheaper and faster to buy a 1st Gen unlocked iPhone ... and that has the added benefit of not destroying your iPod.

16. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but I tried eBay like you said. The thing is, I can't find anyone to buy my Samsung Behold.:apple: