I need your PART NO for 17" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brave5213, Mar 30, 2009.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

hi everybody, i just got my 4th mbp and i have still the issue with the rubber of lid. when i close the lid it isn’t making contact with the base. i can see the keyboard, i can put 7 or 8 pages of paper in it.

i just realized that all machines have the same part no. maybe this is related with the issue. is there anyone have the same part no with same issue?

Z0G50004S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I understand how you can be annoyed but chances are, all MacBook Pro's are going to have it. There might be some who don't have it but I think most do have it. To me it's not a big problem seeing how all the MacBook Pro's I've gone through have it so I just grew to accept it.

3. brave5213 thread starter macrumors regular

if there is a perfect mbp, i would like to get it. i am calling apple for an exchange again. i try to exchange until i get perfect one. i am not earning money easily, thats why i can't spend it easily.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That's fine. But be prepared to do a few exchanges before you land the "perfect" unit. Odds are you'll get a unit that fixes the previous problem but another defect will pop up. It shouldn't be like that but Apple is mass producing this so the QC is going to drop. Ultimately, you're just going to have to pick which defects are more important than others and live with it. Good Luck.