I need your suggestion

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by 78Her, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 78Her macrumors newbie

Hello there!
    I hope you will be able to leave your recommendation here. I'm designer and I always asked by my design customers to create web hosting for them and I do the search and host them. Now I would like to host them and I was told that the best option for that is VPS. I have done some search and now I have the solution from Hostv.com (http://www.hostv.com/) I like what is included and the price.
    Can some experts here leave their opinion?

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

To those following, the OP specifically said VPS.

This does not mean low end godaddy.com type of webhosting - VPS is a virtual private server, typically Linux or Solaris or FreeBSD with integrated everything including web host manager, control panel, unlimited email and virtual hosts, root access with reboot capability, fair share technology, auto/remote backup, and more RAM, bandwidth and disk space than lesser priced alternatives. Typically VPS's are known for running much faster than shared platforms, cheaper than colocation, it's a managed service in terms of bandwidth and hardware, better custome service and of course the client has full access to installing software and configuring the server as they see fit (within certain basic TOS or SLA of course).

So when you make your suggestions, bear in mind the difference.

I happen to agree with the OP about VPS, I was with Liquid Web for many, many years using their VPS package and was highly satisfied. I even ran my own DNS. Another company I recommend is Vivical Hosting who has 99.9% uptime, Sitebuilder and other goodies others don't, but they set theirs up by request, specific to your needs (very professional and you can get some good deals when negotiating features).

-jim