I never got my confirmation email.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZeroBaka, May 26, 2010.

1. ZeroBaka macrumors newbie

I ordered a MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, and printer yesterday at about 1 pm. I still haven't gotten my confirmation email. I'd check my order status, but I ordered my stuff under a guest account, and I have no way to check the status since I didn't get the order number yet.

Does this mean my order wasn't confirmed?

2. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Did you check your spam folder?

Sometimes they take a bit of time confirming the order with your bank/credit card company.

You can call the Apple Store and have them track your order using the number of the credit card you used, name and address... if the order didn't go through, you'll be able to place it again. I always recommend to take a screenshot of the last page of the order form when shopping online under guest accounts.

Anyway, hope it gets sorted out.

Cheers!

3. ZeroBaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I'll wait until tomorrow. If I don't get the email by tomorrow afternoon, I'll call them. Thanks!

4. smc333 macrumors regular

Did you by any chance pay with a debit card?

I did the same thing yesterday (since I'm a college student and my credit limits are low), and they ping your account for separate $1 charges. (My iPod/Printer were one charge, the laptop was another charge). About 12 hours later, when MasterCard/Citibank (or any combination for you) cleared the charges and authenticated that the checking account linked to my debit card had sufficient funds and they could put a debit hold on said funds. Once they know you have the money and it is secured through the transaction company, they then process the order and send your confirmation.

Try logging on to your bank or calling them to check the charges.

5. ZeroBaka thread starter macrumors newbie

It was a credit card.

6. Link2999 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine yesterday at about 11pm, got the confirmation at 2pm today.

7. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

Check your account in the apple online store. I didn't get this either and found out that there was an authorization error. I called to have it fixed and also told them about the not getting the email. Surely enough, once I corrected, all the emails were sent out and all was good!

8. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

9. smc333 macrumors regular

Then its simple, call the card issuer or check online to see if the charge is showing up. If you're not a big spender and especially if its Visa or MasterCard, they may have flagged the charge.

10. TazExprez macrumors member

I didn't get a confirmation email, either. I see the order on my account at the Apple store site, though.

11. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

don't worry, you'll get your confirmation email soon enough. prob within 48 hours.

12. TazExprez macrumors member

Btw, I ordered mine at 9:12AM EST this Wednesday. Now it's 12:20AM EST on Thursday and I have not received a confirmation email, yet.

13. ZeroBaka thread starter macrumors newbie

I just now got my confirmation emails for the printer and the iPod Touch. It says the MacBook Pro hasn't shipped yet. I'm guessing that's normal since they have to customize it and stuff.

Well, thanks for the help, everyone!

14. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

Looks like all of us will be opening ours at the same time! haha

15. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

your confirmation email for the mbp is right around the corner ;)

16. TazExprez macrumors member

I just received a confirmation email at 12:56PM EST for the iPod Touch. Nothing has shipped yet, though.