I never realized how much I depended on my computer!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrono1081, May 24, 2012.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

So today I packed my computer up (my main computer where I do my fun stuff) and got it ready to move to my new apartment.

I then wanted to kill some time by digital painting, but oh wait, the Wacom tablet is packed away as is the computer...

No matter I'll use some real paint and canvas but I'm out of a few colors that I need for the painting I'm working on and without my printer I can't print coupons for the craft store (never pay full price for paint!)

Ok well maybe I'll go through some vacation photos and edit them but since the computer is packed away thats not an option...

No worries! I'll go kayaking! Oh yea, my kayak is locked in the shed at my parents house so so much for something non-computer related...

It is so hard not to unpack this thing right now and just do some fun stuff.
    Anyone else find themselves completely lost without their computer?

On the bright side I'm finally finishing an iPad painting ;)

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I realized I was computer addicted the first time I tried to Cmd-S the essay I was writing on a sheet of paper. And then every time I tried to Cmd-Z a math problem.

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

I do this too!!! I even type the motion if there is no keyboard in front of me!

I'm glad I'm not the only one :p

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

5. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

I need my laptop as well!!!
    When my parents say its and electronic free day, I cry:D

6. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

I'm going to Yellowstone in a couple weeks in a motorhome and am choosing not to bring my computer. But I will have my phone just in case things go wrong or want to do some light internet surfing. Probably won't get service out in the park though (or do you?).

The only tech I'll see on a day-to-day basis is an old built in TV and VCR player!! Time to sift through my 400+ VCR collection at home prior to departure day :D