I never use protection....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by levitynyc, Oct 7, 2007.

1. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Why is it that when a new product comes out thousand of protective cases come out to rob it of any of its original beauty?

So what if if a product has a little scratch or scrape on it. It isn't nearly as noticeable of the crap covering it. It reminds me of my grandmother who had the clear plastic on her couches.

I own an 5.5 G ipod, DS, and iPhone and do not use cases on any of them. Why block the rich colored screens with clear plastic or some cheap leather?

Enjoy the products in their full beauty. Treat them well and carefully and you can avoid hiding them in some cheap protective case....

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

For a second I thought this was a thread about something else.

Of course some people like the feel of a unwrapped product when they use it, saying that wrapping it up dulls the feel and look.

3. linshiwen macrumors member

You preach it, brother!

::naked:: :D

4. macrat macrumors regular

...or the nice sporty cars with hood bra, carpet on the dashboard, and fake fur to cover their leather seats :mad:

I had the Vaja i-volution holster, it was nice but still not as nice as a naked iPhone. Gave it away after 3 weeks.

Yeah, naked all the way.:D (Oh, not quite, I do use a DLO holster. I think putting a naked iPhone in your pocket is too risky still.)

5. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

+1.

Cell phone cases in general are the plastic couch covers of the 21st century. 99% of them are hideous compared to the thoughtful design of the phone itself. Never use them.

6. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Consider applying clear shield full body "film".
    I treated mine with BodyGuardz, it's absolutely indistinguishable, tested it on bunch of pals the other day.
    Probably they were all too amazed or jealous of iPhone itself, so I had to point it out in the end.

7. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

So true you get the real feeling that way of the uhm o yah iphone got confused for a second. haha

8. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Another for naked iPhones! I have never used a case, even take it to work with dust and other things around. Banged it on accident a few times, still looks almost flawless except for the chrome around the rim :D

9. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

BSE provides complete scratch protection and also preserves the beauty of the iPhone... I love it.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Tro...... errrr never mind.

I like mine with nothing on it. It's just so sexy that way and shiney and sleek.

:) iPhone rules!

11. lanray macrumors regular

be careful, though

If you don't use protection, some months down the road you might find yourself with one or more unplanned for (and maybe unwanted)...er...scratches.

12. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

If you dont want a case dont use one. If everyone else wants to use one good for them. I dont see how its any of your concern.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*nods* That's what I use-- had it on phone #1. Never dropped it. Got phone #2 and didn't feel like coughing up the $ for it again-- of course it slid out of my pocket on two separate occasions and got gouged from the concrete.

Phone #3, I said I'm coughing up the $ and spending that time again-- BSE on. :eek: (And I'm using iPod socks.)

14. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

15. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I guess you're not talking about Mad Cow disease, are you? :p

Care to define BSE?

B

16. lawcomic macrumors member

17. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I would have mine naked if the chrome bezel didn't scratch so easily. The freaking dock scratched the bottom of my iPhone!

Anyone know of any decent scratch remover that actually works well?

18. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

because i care lol :p

20. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

The iPhone in particular feels too slippery in my hand, so I prefer to have a case for it. That, and I seem to have gotten klutzier over the last few months and don't want to risk this baby. :D

21. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

lol, but as long as your careful, not using protection shouldnt be that much a problem, just be sure to pull out..........slowly when you take it out of your pocket

22. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I normally use some sort of case for things because usually the scratches ruin the beauty more than a tasteful case. For my iPod I just have a clear sticker than goes on the front and back to protect it from scratches, my nano is naked though.