I now have 2 sets of iWork icons.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Razeus, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

It seems that I have my version from my discs I've had since forever which has the "old" icons. The new upgraded versions from the Mac App Store has the new icons.

Both seemed to open fine. Do you think it's ok to trash the old versions since the new ones are tied to my account, which allows me to re-download in the future?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, it seems that the apple does not remove the old iWork apps when installing the new version.

3. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

Do you use iOS? The new Pages is only compatible with iOS7 meaning if you are using an older iOS then you should really continue to keep the old pages as well.

4. ellie2000 macrumors newbie

I deleted my old iMovie after i had downloaded the newest from MAS. So i think you are safe to delete the one you don't want / need. But the safest is always to make a backup, if unsure. Better safe than sorry, right?

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I'd strongly recommend not trashing the old ones because the new iWork is actually a downgrade, missing many features of iWork '09. If your original install was off of DVD, see my post http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1659593 for how to get the archive-able App Store versions.