Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
I got a new 8GB iPod touch on Friday, and today I got the 8GB Black Nano! I don't know why I did it, I just did. I like getting new things :) Next thing for me to get is a 120GB classic. I know, you're all so happy for me. :D

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
If you've got any extra money around, you can send an iPhone 3G my way. I can then get rid of this "crappy" EDGE model! :)

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
I don't know. It looked cool and I wanted to have something to run with. The iPod touch is nice and all, but it would be really hard to lug around to run with.

And the classic?

In all seriousness, it seems like you simply aren't aware of your needs and wants but rather are shopping blindly.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I wish I had enough money to buy iPods just coz I like getting new stuff! :p

Must resist... Think of the DeLorean your meant to be saving for... Ahhh!

dal20402

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
The OP does seem pretty clueless about why he is buying so many iPods... but there are good reasons for multiple iPods.

I have a 16GB iPhone 3G... well, because it's my phone.

I have a 120GB iPod classic (which just replaced a too-small 60GB 4G iPod) for long trips, and because I want something that can hold my entire collection. Also, the classic (unlike the iPhone or touch) still does Shuffle by Album, which is essential if you're listening to classical music.

I have a 16GB touch for the car.

And I have a 1GB shuffle for running.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
The OP does seem pretty clueless about why he is buying so many iPods... but there are good reasons for multiple iPods.

I have a 120GB iPod classic (which just replaced a too-small 60GB 4G iPod) for long trips, and because I want something that can hold my entire collection. Also, the classic (unlike the iPhone or touch) still does Shuffle by Album, which is essential if you're listening to classical music.

Ahh, I'm just kidding about the classic, I have no need for it. It's basically like my Video with more storage. I also have good reasons for multiple iPods.

My 8GB touch is my main mp3 player, it's what I use for everything except running. Which leads to...

My new 8GB nano, that's for running with Nike+ (the touch is way too big to do that) and biking. I just strap it to my arm and go. I also have been using the nano as a replacement for my touch till I get a case for my touch as I don't want to scratch it's pretty back :)

My 30GB Video is for staying at home, I have it plugged into my TV all the time for when I want to watch a movie. Like a poor man's Apple TV :D

And my 1GB shuffle, what I used to use for running, but not worth selling, since they cost $30. I use it from time to time when it's easiest to just clip something onto my shirt.

So yeah, I don't buy iPods for no reason :p I know what I'm doing :cool:

hierobryan said:
Why the hell would you get an 8GB Touch? At least get the 16GB.

I don't need anything more than 8GB. MY entire music collection only takes up 3.5GB, and 1GB for photos, and 1.5GB for movies, and rest for games and apps.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Yeah, I know, but it's too big to carry around when I'm running. With the nano all I have to do is strap it to my arm and I'm done!

Good point, I suppose.

When its thin enough, Apple will add a Bluetooth chip to the nano, too, so Nike+iPod can be built in to it.

In fact, I would be surprised if there wasent a Nike+iPod armband for the nano!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Forget a case for the touch and just get a bestskinsever.com. That's all I've ever had on my original and 3G iPhones and they are awesome. I'm sure there is an iPod Touch version of their skin.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Forget a case for the touch and just get a bestskinsever.com. That's all I've ever had on my original and 3G iPhones and they are awesome. I'm sure there is an iPod Touch version of their skin.

Won't work with 2nd gen iPod touch since the back is contoured. :(

css1323

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008

Same here almost.

I've got a 3G iPhone. 160GB iPod Classic. And a first generation iPod Touch 16GB. Even a 5th Gen. iPod 60GB which I Rockbox'd and play Doom on.

I was hoping to upgrade to a higher capacity Classic, but that didn't happen, so I'm sticking with my 160.

I could get rid of my iPod Touch and grab a new Nano though. Can't get rid of my phone! Oh heck no! lol. It's really hard to justify why I should buy any new DAP anymore. I was looking at the Zune 120, but there are no new features or benefits that interest me.

The only reason why I'd get a new iPod product now is because it'd be for my family. I know they still use their trusty 30GB and 60GB model iPods and I'd love to see them use something newer and better.

matt550

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
I have a 16gb 3g iPhone and im about to buy the new nano. Its nice having an all in one device like the iPhone, but when I want to work out, run, jog, whatever I dont want my phone with me. It would be nice to not to be interrupted by calls, texts, emails and stuff.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
I got a new 8GB iPod touch on Friday, and today I got the 8GB Black Nano! I don't know why I did it, I just did. I like getting new things :) Next thing for me to get is a 120GB classic. I know, you're all so happy for me. :D

thank you fine citizen for stimulating the economy. :D

i personally have just one 30gb ipod video used for car, running, home use. really tempted to splurge like you did though and get a nano (would be great to workout with) OR touch (would be great to have a PDA), not both.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
I have a 16gb 3g iPhone and im about to buy the new nano. Its nice having an all in one device like the iPhone, but when I want to work out, run, job, whatever I dont want my phone with me. It would be nice to not to be interrupted by calls, texts, emails and stuff.

Airplane mode? There, I just saved you $149! Don't worry, you can thank me later :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.