I now understand why Apple is obsessed with form factor.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jetcat3, May 9, 2015.

1. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

I was able to use my new Space Gray MacBook this evening in my car. I did some homework on it while it was tethered to my 6 Plus and it was amazing! This thing is so light and it's footprint makes using it in the car so easy! I never even felt the weight of the laptop the entire time. It's an amazing little machine!

Attached Files:

2. TripleCore macrumors regular

Yes, they do have the details down. It is a great piece of engineering.:cool:

I am glad to hear they are finally making it to stores in larger quantities in a couple weeks.

3. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I'd probably want a 13 incher. Wouldn't mind a little less bazel (like XPS13), and slightly bigger battery (MBA 13's battery was perfect).

Is it good? Yeah, I enjoy my 1.2ghz SG version, but I see room for improvement

4. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

+1. And a slightly more powerful CPU/GPU.

5. thetorque macrumors member

thetorque

I can never be able to read or use computer in a car because I will get headache and not feeling well. Using a smartphone is the same for me =(.

But somehow it's ok if it's in a train...

6. idoccurt macrumors regular

prefer this over a pro?

7. Jetcat3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do. I was in the market for a new Air/Pro and this fit the bill percectly. I came from a 2012 i7 MacBook Pro and this thing is 10X faster thanks to flash storage. The display and form factor really are amazing on this little guy. I went back and forth on getting a new 13" Pro but decided to stick with the Retina MacBook and I'm glad I did.

8. Altis macrumors 68030

Do you find the screen tilts back far enough for using close on your lap?

This seems like the kind of thing this was made for.

As a side note, this photo really illustrates why I use ChangeColors in Chrome (which isn't even available anymore)... staring into a bright white screen while in the dark is pretty brutal on the eyes. It can also be pretty distracting to people around you who are trying to drive or sleep. I don't get why web pages and applications don't use more dark backgrounds.

9. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

System Preferences - Accessibility - Display - Invert Colors & Use Grayscale

End of problem, nor will you be blinded if you drop out of your browser as this is a system wide setting...

Q-6

10. Altis macrumors 68030

Thanks, I do use this on iOS devices but hadn't done it in OS X because there's usually enough dark elements that become blinding white.

When using ChangeColors, images and everything stay the same... only background and text colors change. Works brilliantly, though I otherwise wouldn't touch Chrome.

11. Queen6, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Forgot try Nocturne that will do the trick, don't think I have used it since about 10.6 :) simple and easy, most of all you can configure the night time colours etc.

https://code.google.com/p/blacktree-nocturne/downloads/detail?name=Nocturne.2.0.0.zip&can=2&q=

Cyan @ 80% brightness is a good starter.

Q-6

12. Jetcat3 thread starter macrumors 6502

The travel on the display hinge isn't as far as a MacBook Pro but I find that it tilts back just enough while I'm in the car or on a small chair. It's plenty of travel. Exactly! That's how I felt when I took it out of my backpack. It was awesome. Yeah, I agree with you on that. The black backgrounds are way nice.

13. mikeray macrumors regular

The travel is the same as the 11-inch MBA