I Offically Hate My New IpodTouch! Dead Pixel Problems!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by entensekaos, Oct 5, 2007.

1. entensekaos macrumors newbie

So I just turned on my Ipodtouch and notice that there was a dead pixel near the center of the screen... after looking at a black background I notice that there had to be about 30-40 dead pixels throughtout my screen now... especially near the corners.... I can't watch a dark movie without seeing all the dead pixels now... I am pissed that I just spent 400 dollars on this thing and the screen is filled with dead pixels... I have done nothing but taken perfect care of the product! Yes I know that I can return it or go to the apple store (2 hours away) but still I am pissed and hate my ipodtouch right now.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, unless you have more than seven in a single square inch, Apple <<offically>> won't help you. From an iPod nano to an $1800 30" ACD, this rule applies. If you do have more than seven per square inch, Apple will swap it out. And even if you don't have seven, there are many employees who will still allow you to get a replacement. Good luck.

3. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Wow, seems pretty severe. How about a pic?

I thought mine had just one but it appears to have a few more...I'm gonna replace it just for the sake of getting a good one - it doesn't d rive me "crazy" - when I found a dead pixel on my iMac it was much more obvious (got that swapped). The pixels are so tiny on this machine so it's hard to tell unless the screen is absolutely black...but for the amount I paid for it, it needs to be perfect. I just need to wait for Future Shop to get more in. What I want to know is if there are any out there that truly have no dead/stuck pixels. A lot of people probably think they have none but they do - they just didnt notice them. I say the odds of getting a "perfect" one are like 1/10.

Hopefully #2 will be good...

4. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

This is completely false. Unless this policy started in the last week. Mine has about 6 stuck pixels and they are going to swap whenever i want.

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

just because u are getting yours replaced doesn't mean that that's the "policy". Mine has a few bad pixels and I am still debating a swapout as it seems the chances of getting a perfect one are near zero. I have had a week 36 week 37 and am now on a week 38 so I have seen the screen quality improve every week. At this rate week 5 of 2008 should be perfect! :)