I Officially Hate Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jaikob, Jul 18, 2008.

1. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Yeah, I sent my macbook pro to get repaired, Its been in the "Repair in progress" for 3 days, I call to see whats up, and they told me it was actually on hold for a day. okay, fine. I check my status and it now says: On hold - Need information (19-Jul-2008). so I call Applecare, Estimated hold time 15 minutes or more. I wait a half hour! and I finally get someone. We get past the initial whats your serial and other questions. And he says "Let me put you on hold for a minute" HE HUNG UP ON ME! And I try and call back, lo and behold its after hours. That ticked me off to no end. I almost threw the phone. Now I have to wait until tommorrow.:mad:

My question is, what does it mean by need information?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    You could always tell them to NOT fix it for free and send it back to you still broken if you really can't wait... :rolleyes:

3. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

haha. If im paying 400 dollars for applecare, I want to speak to a rep that won't hangup on me. I'm sure we can both atleast agree on that.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

I'm sure the hang up, although very frustrating, was unintentional...

I feel for ya, it sucks being without your mac but at least its getting fixed (by Apple) :)

5. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

He took my phone number and had my account up, but didn't try to call back. :(

6. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Alright ya got me there, that was definitely a bitchmove... :eek: :(

7. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree. More and more these days I have found a GREAT LACK of customer service. Let's face it, customer service is in the toilet.

Me personally I would call back tomorrow and ask to speak with Level II support, and if they ask why, you should tell them that you don't want to be hung up on again because it's time to go home or on a break.

Peace:cool:

8. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Coming from someone who use to work a helpdesk...

It seems to me like the OP was pissed before he even spoke to a rep, IF he was acting like a child with the guy and was pissed off already then I can see why the CS Rep hung up on his ass. I used to get people who called me and were hysterical right off the bat. Those people took a back seat to the people that actually treated me nicely and like a human being. These people are not getting paid enough to deal with someone who is irate because of something that the CS Rep has NO control over.

9. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I can understand your position. However, Customer Service is just that, Serving the Customer.... It's a crap job, but these ppl choose that job. I'm not defending if the OP called up and just started to go off, but hanging up on someone just because you don't want to deal with it hurts the companies reputation. The CS rep. should keep his cool, and try to work through it, if he can't then hand it off to a higher lvl, don't just say "Please hold, look at the clock and hang up" that is bad customer service...

Peace:cool:

10. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

God I loathe Apple Fanboys.

I'm with the OP here, you paid a premium price for a premium product and a premium warranty. There is no circumstance where you should be mistreated as a client let along hung up on (probably because somebody wanted to get out of the office). The whole "underpaid" justification is pathetic.

If a client is being insulting there's always the supervisor option, then again I never worked tech support so I'm oblivious to your little touchy feeling world of not being royally respected as a technie.
    :rolleyes:

11. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

From personal experience, when a repair is placed on hold it's typically dispatch that you need to talk with. Did you contact the AppleCare main line or the dispatch line that they give you to check your status?

Usually, if you use the dispatch line it will transfer you directly to the department you need to speak with. I've had my repair placed on hold for a variety of reasons including part delays, repair verification and cosmetic damage questions.

12. phidelity macrumors newbie

sorry you had a bad experience.. personally i love apple care ! three machines in a row with major issues .. all fixed by apple. yes its frustrating with no machine and no definite time it will be back in your hands but at least your not scrapping your pc out for parts when its toast. not many companies offer that quality of warrantee

hopefully you will be reunited soon.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I completely agree!!! It's sad that our society has degraded to the point where common courtesy and professional conduct are a thing of the past. Of course, there are always exceptions, but the overall attitude I see reflected in too many "kids" (mostly teens and 20s) today is that of spoiled rotten, rude, obnoxious, selfish, inconsiderate, impatient, mean brats! If I owned a company and someone called with such an attitude, I'd note their account so NO ONE would EVER talk to them. I could do without their business.

Sure, it's frustrating to have anything wrong with your Mac. Sure, it's frustrating to have delay after delay. Sure, it's frustrating to spend what seems like forever on hold, or get transferred from one to the other, or have to give your information all over again. Of course, it's frustrating! But that's not an excuse to act like a jerk when you get someone on the phone. You'll get a LOT farther if you treat them all with courtesy and respect.

The old saying is very true, "You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar."

But the stereotypical, immature response is, "I HATE them!" How ridiculously childish! Such an attitude isn't going to go very far in the world! Customer service reps can occasionally bend rules and do favors for people. Do you think they're going to waste that on someone who's rude from the beginning? No way! They'll save their favors for someone like me, who will start a conversation with them by saying something like, "Wow! You must really be busy! I'll try to make this quick and painless for you!..."

So go ahead and treat people rudely.... just makes my courtesy that much more appreciated when that same customer service rep or waiter or clerk gets to me! :D

(IMHO)

14. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

I have always been satisfied with their customer service until now, and I could tell this guy was:

A: From another country
    B: Communist :confused:
    C: The Rep was hired by their friend to keep from going further into debt
    D: Didn't have his Green Card yet
    E: A total P.O.S

All of the applecare guys I've talked to before all used lingo like "Hey whats up" friendly chat. This guy, felt like he was reading from a prompt.

I am always a nice person on the phone, but when I get off the phone, I throw fits lol.

15. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

Heh? I spoke in a calm mannner.. :confused::confused::confused:

IM A NICE GUY!!!! lol ;)
    Im Just broke because I invested money into my mac.. I can't go see Dark Knight this weekend because of it :p lol

This is also my first mac I've ever owned, and when I'm new to something, You better kiss my feet lol.

If someone can enlighten how they inferred I treated the rep bad please speak up?