Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cook0310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hi,

I've had my iphone 4 since last thursday and it worked fine over the weekend. On Tuesday i noticed once i got home that it wasnt picking up signal only for approx 10seconds every hour or so.. Called into my local o2 store and they said that there's nothing wrong with the signal in the area and that they suspect its a hardware fault but couldn't confirm this.

How can i be picking up signal in 3g areas but zero signal in other areas? Having read som other threads ive notice that some of you have put tipex on your sim to cover the part thats touching the metal of the sim tray - but im not sure if anyone else on here has the same sort of micro sim as me, but my sim seems to have a bigger part of the chip touching the metal tray.

Have i been given a slightly too big micro sim? or do you suspect that there is some sort of harware fault with the phone?

Thanks

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
I had this problem with a iPhone 3g. Had to exchange it for a new one. Would not receive Edge or GPRS signal at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.