I only have ONE problem with the 3.0 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by actorkid, Jun 18, 2009.

1. actorkid macrumors 6502

I really wish that I could make the spotlight screen stay up at all times. But if your on the spotlight screen and sleep the phone, when you unlock the phone it brings you to page one instead of spotlight. The same goes for opening an app from spotlight. When you enter an app launched from spotlight and press home, it brings you to page one.

I just wish the spotlight page was treated like any other page (why discriminate man?)

The other gripe is that i wish you could hide the keyboard in spotlight, revealing the dock on the bottom (this is only useful if youd like to use spotlight as your main screen like i do of course)

I actually found a bug to make the keyboard on spotlight go away, but of course it doesnt stay like that once you leave the page and come back.

anyone feeling this?

2. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I hear ya, but are you actually using Spotlight that frequently?

3. iunnohead macrumors regular

one question, how do you use your bug to get rid of the keyboard? :p

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Given that all you have to do is click the Home button one more time, I don't think it's all that inconvenient to get the the Spotlight page any time you want. Just MHO.

5. actorkid thread starter macrumors 6502

actually, yes i do....i love it. it's so much easier for me to find everything

the spotlight screen along with double tap home for favorites makes navigating the phone so easy for me....the only thing that would make it better would be if my dock was present on the spotlight screen (phone, messages, safari, settings). I'd never use any other screen again!

as for the poster above regarding the bug to make the keyboard dissappear and the dock show up, its kind of a pain, but here goes....

from the spotlight screen, swipe from left to right, then EVER SO SLIGHTLY swipe your finger back from right to left (without ever lifting your finger from the screen) If you do it right, the keyboard dissappears...make sure you just BARELY swipe from right to left or it will just bring you back to page one.

6. actorkid thread starter macrumors 6502

ill admit its not MUCH of an inconvenience...but why treat the spotlight page differently from any other page? Doesn't make sense to me