I opened my new 27" iMac and there's an email address????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMacJunkie, Aug 18, 2011.

1. iMacJunkie macrumors regular

Ummmm...is someone else's email address supposed to show up on a brand new iMac when the enter your Apple ID screen comes up?????

It says annejohnson1@me.com

I'm hoping that's just an example.

2. iMacJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so it WAS an example. It was greyed out and when I clicked on it and entered my E-Mail address it turned to black.

OMG. I was scared there for a second!!!!

3. MacAir78 macrumors newbie

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Umm, my take on that thread was that it wasn't an example and that Apple was replacing the iMac...

5. iMacJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but the e-mail address that was in mine matched MacRumorUser's question in that thread: "Are you sure it wasn't an example iD like steve@mac.com in greyed out font?"

Mine was annejohnson1@me.com in a greyed out font. Apple support also confirmed with me that that was an example only.

6. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Example... I bought an iMac 2011 in july and a new macbook air the day they came out both units had the annejohnson1@me.com. So unless this individual has the ability to purchase and return computers and apple gets them into circulation within a few days of return... I feel confident that it is an example.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Its Odd Though

All the apple stuff I have had johnnyapplseed as the example....Never seen this one before.

Maybe it's just laptops. :)

8. iMacJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you Nicole!!! I feel waaaayyy better now and loving my new iMac!!! :D:D:D:D:D

9. mac-ho macrumors member

That explains why I kept E-Mailing annejohnson for a date and never got a reply. I don't feel so bad now!!

10. iMacJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

rotflmao. :d:d:d:d