Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
I just got one of the spanking new 14" iBook's and im wondering if I should of went powerbook thinking of sending back and getting the powerbook instead could some tell me the pro's and cons? The 15" look great but compared to a the new 14" whats the ups and downs?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There are lots of differences so maybe if you tell us what you use the Mac for, we can give you specific reasons as to whether you should have gone the Pro route. IMO, general usage (browsing, Office, music etc.) doesn't warrant a PowerBook. :)

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
mad jew said:
There are lots of differences so maybe if you tell us what you use the Mac for, we can give you specific reasons as to whether you should have gone the Pro route. IMO, general usage (browsing, Office, music etc.) doesn't warrant a PowerBook. :)

ya it all depends on your needs

if your just surfing the web checking email listening to music and using a little ilife here and there then the ibooks all you need
but if your going to be using final cut or heavy photoshop work then go for the powerbook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.