Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Hello,

so I ordered a Macbook Pro, the lower end 15" to be precise with a higher res display (other than that: stock).

So I was wondering... It says it will ship within 3 days and be with me in 7 days or after that... So far so good. Does this mean that Apple will build it for me and ship it to me from China or do they keep certain configurations in stock so they can ship "custom" orders quicker?

chell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Wow - so it's really custom built for me :)

I currently own a 2006 Macbook (non-Pro) which I'm giving to my mother soon (once I get the Pro). Looking forward to my new laptop :)

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Mine is CTO too, but my only addon is a VGA cable. They better not have to custom build that too :rolleyes:

dsprimal

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
yep, your mbp is being put together from scratch! ;) well probably not. they most likely have walls stacked with unibody cut outs etc. their just putting it all together :p would be cool to watch your mbp being cut through the machines etc before your eyes until it reaches your hand.

Sanderr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Mine is CTO too, but my only addon is a VGA cable. They better not have to custom build that too :rolleyes:

lol, that reminds me of when I ordered my macbook. At first I added the vga adapter to my basket out of the customization menu and I got the receipt that it would take 3 weeks because it was CTO. Then I called Apple and they re-did my order with the adapter loosely and I got it 2 days later :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.