I ordered a MacBook Pro (Custom) - what happens now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chell, May 25, 2010.

1. chell macrumors member

Hello,

so I ordered a Macbook Pro, the lower end 15" to be precise with a higher res display (other than that: stock).

So I was wondering... It says it will ship within 3 days and be with me in 7 days or after that... So far so good. Does this mean that Apple will build it for me and ship it to me from China or do they keep certain configurations in stock so they can ship "custom" orders quicker?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. chell thread starter macrumors member

Wow - so it's really custom built for me :)

I currently own a 2006 Macbook (non-Pro) which I'm giving to my mother soon (once I get the Pro). Looking forward to my new laptop :)

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Mine is CTO too, but my only addon is a VGA cable. They better not have to custom build that too :rolleyes:

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

yep, your mbp is being put together from scratch! ;) well probably not. they most likely have walls stacked with unibody cut outs etc. their just putting it all together :p would be cool to watch your mbp being cut through the machines etc before your eyes until it reaches your hand.

6. Sanderr macrumors regular

lol, that reminds me of when I ordered my macbook. At first I added the vga adapter to my basket out of the customization menu and I got the receipt that it would take 3 weeks because it was CTO. Then I called Apple and they re-did my order with the adapter loosely and I got it 2 days later :)

7. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I thought about doing a BTO mbp, but the thought of waiting longer to get it turned me off to it.