I ordered the Strada Orbino case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SpankyPenzaanz, Aug 19, 2007.

1. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

http://www.orbino.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=206

I spent the last 2 weeks trying to decide between the Vaja and the Orbino. Considering I had no chance to examine either in my hands before I purchase, I chose amongst various features

> Remvable Clip (to my liking)
    > Screen protector
    > Much easier return policy (they have one)

I did take into consideration one of the other threads here where somebody did get a vaja.

Well I'll know soon enough they have 3-5 day shipping so I am hoping sometime middle of next week

2. kimb macrumors newbie

This looks kinda cheaply made even though it says its italian leather blah blah blah. I would like to hear how well it comes to you becuase it does seem to keep the thin feeling of the iPhone.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm curious too...from looking at it, I could see it going either way (being very, very nice, or being junk).

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I got my strada a few weeks ago and love it. I had an incase clip case beforhand and liked it but the orbino is much better. I've been meaning to take photos and post but haven't had time. I like that the stitching is on the back, a much more seamless look than amy other leather case. I love the hand stitching look and varnished cut edges as well, it feels as high end as the iPhone itself. It took a few days for the leather to strech out enough for the buttonhole to align right but now it's perfect.

When it's off the phone it looks link any other cheapo case but when it's on the look and feel are the best I've had. One thing that makes this case outshine the rest is the clip. It's tight enough to run with it clipped in a pocket or on a belt and the spring action makes for easy removal. The clip also acts as a perfect stand both horizonally & vertically.

The screen protector is not to my liking, too bulky/thick feeling. I use a thinner overlay I got at the Apple store instead. Orbino made the unboxing as pleasant as an Apple-oriented product should be. Elegant box, a personalized hand-written calliographed letter, very nice indeed. Whatever. The proof is in the product and the orbino case has quality in spades. You'll be very happy with your purchase.

5. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I got the case this past Thursday. I was surprised as to how quickly it arrived. The case is very nice and snug but no too snug that it amkes it dfficult to remove from the case. The belt clip can actually be placed horizontally or vertically according to your purchase. The finish n the leather is very nice(I got the basic blacck). The stiching running down the sides adds a certain nice old world charm. I recommend this case highly. The sceen protector is cheap and useless. I use a static film(one from the local apple store) and it works fine.

6. ldstern macrumors newbie

When the case is clipped on a belt, is it quickly and easily removed to, for example, answer an incoming phone call??? This is my biggest concern since the belt clip is fixed to the case.

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I have no problem twmoving he case very quickly from my belt. The clip is smug but not so tight that it makes fast removal a problem. That said I hardly ever clip it to my belt. Usually I have it in my pocket with the screen facing on and the clip on the outside of my pocket.

8. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

pair it with a power support crystal film.

I've had the strada for about a month now and love it.

I'd prefer to have no case at all, but the Strada protects without looking cheap and allows you to clip it or use the clip as a stand.

Definitely recommend it.

10. bostonte macrumors regular

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but now that you've had it awhile is the leather stretching in any bad ways?

I'm on my third case of that style (different companies) and they are fine to start but eventually they're ending up loose enough that the leather starts to block the light sensor and makes it impossible to take the phone off your ears and have the screen light up again to enter dtmf without having to wiggle push and prod.

Hopefully an owner is sill active here and can give me a follow up review, I would greatly appreciate their time.

11. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

it's holding up just great.

I've been swapping in an Agent 18 eco lately just to mix things up.

But anyway, if you want a nice leather case, this is a very solid piece of work.

12. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I've had my Orbino now for 9 months and it's held up like it's nearly new. The leather and stitching are still tight. I've only managed to put a few scratches on the metal clip/stand. Other than that it's perfect.