I ordered this SSD from Amazon

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetfreaky, Apr 14, 2010.

1. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

Do I need to order anything else to slip this into my macbook pro? Special mounting brackets or anything? I plan to just swap out my 500 HD. Then plop in this. Then install OSX via superdrive. It should be super fast and hopefully this drive will work well. I'm gonna do a boot camp partition with windows 7 too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026V5MY0/ref=oss_product

It's the Corsair 256 GB Performance Series Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CMFSSD-256GBG2D.

2. snouter macrumors 6502a

Should drop right in.

When installing, get into disk utilities to format/partition the hard drive and that's it. You may not even need to do that.

If the Mac does not see the hard drive, it might help to have a PC around to format the SSD as FAT, then MacOS should be able to see it and format it.

3. gadgetfreaky thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm so exited. I should get it tomorrow AM. Anyone else see any problems?

4. snouter macrumors 6502a

You'll have to suffer through 10 second long boots and Photoshop opening in like 3 seconds. If you can live with that... ;)

5. gadgetfreaky thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone have any gripes on this sucker before I install it? Arrives tomorrow.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No gripes. What more do you need to reassure you of your purchase son? I mean, if you do a search you'll see the results are positive.

7. gadgetfreaky thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's just kinda weird...i'm spending 1/3rd the price of my Macbook Pro on it. lots of folks are like no you should do intel but the read/writes look better on this plus I get more space.

I wanna make sure:)

8. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Samsung controller. Its essentially the same drive Apple ships default with the MBPs.

Apple's SSD is a Toshiba branded drive with a Samsung controller
    Corsair P-Series have a Samsung controller

9. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Should work no problem, post a quick review of it later, performance wise. Please :)