I Outsmarted an Apple Genius

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andreab35, Sep 13, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Attached Files:

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I assume you don't actually work and are still at school.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

While very mildly humorous, not something to write home about.

4. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

This is not my work.
    And I do have a job.

I thought you guys would enjoy it.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not even sure if it's mildly humourous.

And an Apple "Genius" isn't necessarily a genius at all. It's a job title. Management felt that simply calling everyone a genius was easier than calling 1% of their employees "Apple Genius", 80% of their employees "Apple Adequate", and 19% of their employees "Apple Total Dumbass".

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I was expecting a story about how you'd managed to get a genius to unwittingly give away dates of a new product release or if one of them didn't know something fairly basic about macs... but no.

Bah, <facepalm>

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

LOL!

I actually like that t-shirt, very funny! I would love to wear it to my local Apple Store! :p

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I find no humor in it.

LOL!

Now that is funny. :D

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Only 19%, that seems kinda low.

10. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I have only had contact with one Apple genius and that was through their chat set up. She was able to help me with an issue on my macbook. No complaints myself.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Depends on the store! :p

12. vniow macrumors G4

I outsmart Geniuses every day, its part of my job description. I think I need that shirt.

13. 11800506 macrumors 65816

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Some people on this forum are such jerks.

The OP found it clever and humorous, so he wanted to share it with the rest of his Mac community.

But NO. You have to go ahead and make fun of him/her about how "stupid" you think his find was. If you don't like it, DON'T POST!

You people have no right to form hateful insight on what he does with his life.

Now i assume i'm going to be made fun of for defending somebody i don't even know. Enjoy.

15. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

That make's two of us :) twistedlegato/ gregdrummeraz 08 for president :D please???

16. noaccess macrumors 6502

Make that three.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Given the 2 infamous threads you've started, you are certainly qualified to be a VP nominee, at least for the Republican party.

18. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

When ever you post something in public, you invite good and bad responses. To say you want only those who agree to respond, is foolish. There would be no reason to even bother posting.

Take the negative responses with a grain of salt. It is possible to learn from positive and negative things.

19. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Hi, jerk here :rolleyes:

There is nothing clever or humorous about the t-shirt. But that wasn't the reason I asked if the OP was still at school. I just find it pathetic that people find it funny to attempt to embarrass people who are just trying to do their job.

20. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Make that four, and I'll print campaign posters ;)

My gawd, listen to yourself man!! You're taking this entire thing way too seriously. Which I wouldn't normally mind since hey, live and let live as far as I'm concerned, different strokes for different folks and all the other cliches, but you're getting nasty and churlish in the process, and that I take exception to. I'm very sensitive to that sort of behavior you mention (people trying to embarrass others for doing their job), and even I never saw this tee that way! It's just a cheeky bit of fun for heaven's sake! Fun which is evidenced in Apple calling their shop assistants Apple Geniuses in the first place, might I add. Besides, even if this was made to make fun of Apple Store workers, don't you think there are worse, far more offensive ways to do that, both about Apple people and other workers? Why don't you go expend some energy fighting real prejudice, not whining about some shirt which is at the very worst a flat joke? It only makes you look like a buncha old whiners!

But you, and others who fell on the OP like a ton of bricks just for posting a shirt you thought was lame, all you're doing is discourage people from posting stuff. What do you guys want to do anyway, turn this place into some exclusive little corner of the web where everybody agrees on all things and yiz can all pat yourselves on the back on what fine, upstanding folk you are for not laughing with a shirt made for fun and actually really mild? Well, I hope you're not going to get your way, because I would like macrumors to remain inclusive!

SheeEESH, I'm pissed now :p

and OP, the shirt is cute. It's not my favorite or anything (it should be black for a start, lol), but if you found it funny and thought some of use might like it too, then I'm glad you posted it! The thought definitely counts :)

21. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Wow... I'm sorry I started up some fighting.

I thought some may enjoy the 1% of humor in this shirt I came across.

Sorry guys. :(

22. Xavier macrumors 68020

I have a friend who works at the apple store, and he likes to 'think' he knows alot about macs.

I know a lot more about macs than him, and it would be sweet to have this shirt. I would wear it every time I'm around him :p, just to rub it in a little.

23. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Haha, I'd actually just walk around an Apple Store wearing this just hoping they'd come up to me, "Hello, can I help you.... **** off." Lol.

24. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Ah, I was hoping for a story. But got a picture instead, ah well.

25. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf