I owe Visual Voicemail a message....?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bananabar, Nov 30, 2008.

1. bananabar macrumors regular

Visual Voicemail has to be one of the most annoying parts of the iPhone. Great idea, but so rubbish. It's so bad the way it tells you that you have a new message, so you press it and then it takes two minutes to actually play it to you. Why can't it download it to the phone's memory and THEN tell you there's a new voicemail??

And then there's the fact that it often makes an old message new again, so I think I have a message but I don't.

And then yesteday my phone did this...! How the hell can I have -1 messages? Is it telling me that I have to leave a message for someone? I tend to just ring my voicemail now.

Software 2.2 and it's still really, really buggy.

Attached Files:

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Is your phone jailbroken? I've seen the same issue with the sms app on a jailbroken devide...

3. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Visual Voicemail works perfectly for me, occasionally if I am in an area with a weak signal it will tell me that its not available but outside of that I've had no problems. Just out of curiosity what carrier are you using, I have AT&T in the US. If I remember correctly in the very first demonstration of the iPhone Steve Jobs talked about how they had to work with AT&T very closely to implement visual voicemail. The other day I called my voicemail (just because I didn't want to use my iPhone) I realized it had been over a year since I had called the voicemail and I was amazed at how annoying it was not that I had become accustomed to visual voicemail.

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

LOL... Thats hilarious, -1.

But I have had no serious issues with visual voicemail. I do love knowing who the message is from before I listen to it.

5. bananabar thread starter macrumors regular

No - just a run-of-the-mill iPhone.

6. AlmostJosh macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

7. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... How odd.

My iPhone is jailbroken, and Visual Voicemail has never let me down.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

This is the first complaint I've ever heard about Visual Voicemail. Mine has always worked great, played right away, and never displayed a -1.

9. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems