Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
my computer teacher basically blacklisted me from our school's internet, and I'm scared to talk to him (he doesn't know who I am) because i KNOW he will take my computer away. I am guessing that he somehow blacklisted my i.p or something idk but when i go to my airport and click on the network it tries for 1 second and gives up. I am on a macbook 13" and do i need to change my i.p address or what? PLease help me

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
Is your IP Dynamic? If so, just restart your router and computer and it should issue you a new IP. If not, you have a static IP and then things get interesting. Try that though I would imagine.

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
hmmm well im not sure how I would reset my school's routers but what if I connected to only one specific router with istumbler???

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
Ahh, I see. You are trying to connect from inside the school. I thought you were trying to connect to the school site from your home. My bad.

Hmm, I don't know. I am not that good with IT but try restarting your computer and trying to connect.

Anyone else with more ideas, please let me know too.

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Yea i tried this and I get the same results...i tried dhcp with manual i.p but i cant connect anyways so it didnt matter

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Well, he imaged all of our comps but he is cool with us booting off our external hard drives (which is what i was doing) but i was booting in school to use stuffit

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Just throwing this out there, but would using a proxy work?

I have no idea, and no knowledge on this level really.
Why would the IT teacher take your computer away though? :confused:

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
well they pay a techie to image the computers and its like 60 dollars an hour and they purposefully take like 3 so thats money out of my pocket cause my teacher would want to reimage my compr

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
nope i purchased it in full rather than renting it....so technically its mine but they still control it

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
1. if you PURCHASED it, by what right can he take it?
2. I don't understand what it was you did wrong, but:
Go to System Prefs, Network, Airport, Advanced, TCP/IP, and click on "Renew DHCP Lease"

BTW: It may be that he uses MAC address filtering, which you cannot reset.

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
yes u are exactly right...i just learned that he filtered my mac address but i am looking into spoofmac and change mac...both of which claim to change one's mac address

Gballa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
lol any help with change mac i am at this point now what the heck is the vendor stuff i click set new address but nothing changes....i am not connected to anything with my airport is that why the mac address isn't changing?

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 158
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.