i pad 3G ship dates?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msarway, Apr 11, 2010.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

I ordered the ipad 3G just would love to know what late April means in apple eyes.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Probably the later portion of the fourth month of the year, maybe later.

3. EZ-PZ macrumors member

EZ-PZ

that's the question of the century. Prepare to get really pissed off as each day passes and there's still no release date :rolleyes:

4. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

Dont hold your breath on it

5. ThoseBackPages macrumors regular

6. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

Hopefully

7. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

My guess and wish is still Saturday the 24th. God willing!

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

That is my guess as well. I'm guessing announcement will come on the 19th with shipments for the 24th. That will keep the first purchasers outside of the 2 week return window for the wi-fi.

9. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

You guess is likely going to be the closest!

10. wentwj macrumors regular

I find it highly unlikely we'll get another "launch day", or saturday delivery for that matter. I'm sure the coordination of getting everything out on the same day, and that day being a saturday, cost apple a pretty penny. There's no real reason for them to do that with the 3G, since they've already had their media "launch", and as long as these things go out in late april no one really has a reason to complain.

I think the only reason they did the saturday thing with the non-3G was because they originally said "late march" for the release, and when they couldn't hit that, they switched it to be the earliest possible calendar date they could reasonably hit. With the 3G they'll ship when production is ready, and I doubt delivery will be as choreographed as it was with the initial release.

Around the 24th sounds like a good guess though.

11. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Quite a few of us in the rest of the world haven't had a "launch day" yet so are waiting with anticipation.

12. spiralynth macrumors regular

Do not be angry
    Do not worry
    Work diligently
    Be grateful
    Be kind

Life rides better that way.

Expect the iPad 3G on April 30th. Anything sooner would then become a pleasant surprise.

13. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Honestly, I don't see it coming any time before WWDC 2010. So, here ya go!

14. mrcc macrumors regular

Then why does it say shipping late april on appls website. i doubt they will put that on there website. If its June then forget the 3g im going to buy the wifi version then. cuz i cant wait till june.

15. dionnfr macrumors member

Believe it or not, went to the Apple Store today to buy 32 IPAD, but there was none in stock, asked about the 3G when they think it was going to available and jokingly asked if they would be in stock next week along with new 32 wifi and I was given a wink with a hope so.

16. advan031 macrumors 6502

I am waiting patiently or impatiently depending onwhich side of the bed I wake up on...hahaha

17. Oman macrumors regular

I believe it will be the 24th as well, to also put most of the early purchasers out of the 2 week return policy window. Those who buy this week or next will still be in the window.

18. lascott macrumors member

I'm good as long as it comes before May 7th, I wanna take it on a trip with me :D

First time I go on a trip without my laptop, will be so nice not lugging that thing around.

19. zenntench_oni macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

Please on May 8th! lol cause by then ill get paid a lot more, i had to sell one of my iphones for goodness sakes lol.

20. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Oh good, another when will we get 3G? thread!

21. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

i think we will all have them before mothers day. it makes seance that it could be a nice gift for mom and we all dont want to disappoint our mothers.

22. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Exactly. I'm sure the whole 3G launch is based off mothers day.

23. ddarden macrumors newbie

4/26 At BBY

The Apple rep at Best Buy says they will have 3G units to purchase on MONDAY April 26th. I pre-ordered mine online to ship to my house. No idea when that one will arrive. Hopefully on or before the 26th.

24. Xybr macrumors member

I'm hoping the iPad 3G will be available around 4/24 and not 4/30 or 5/1.

Maybe Apple will give a hint by the end of this week. Until then, we can only hope it's not slipping to 5/1.

I've decided to be patient and wait for the model I want - iPad 3G 32GB (or 64GB). I had to take my iMac in for repair under AppleCare today, it was extremely tempting to say "Get me one of those 64GB iPads.." :cool:

25. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I know EXACTLY when it will be released......

It will be on the least convenient day possible for me. In my case that means it'll be on Saturday, April 24...the day of my Sister's wedding. :p