Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Hello

Is anyone having trouble with getting bubbles in this screen protector? Yesterday I purchased the Ipad air as well as its screen protector from Zagg. The Best Buy employee did not put it on right so I had to go back early this morning to get it replaced. The gentlemen did a better job but 20 minutes later the bubbles started to show up again. I then went to a different Best Buy as I wasn`t near my area to try to get a confirmation of the screen on weather it was going bad or not and the lady as well as the manager there confirmed that yes it was installed poorly. So now I come home and realized that its bubbly once again. They did however say to not use the case until the 24 hours have passed which it hasn`t been at all. The Ipad has been sitting sealed in its original box the whole time since the lady said it was fine to close the box so it wouldn`t get dusty. I took a quick picture and wanted to make sure with you guys to see if its necessary to take it back tomorrow for a refund as this will be my third time or if I should just wait it out a bit more.

Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 138

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
They should go away within the week, if they don't maybe it's something to do with these new Air displays and not sticking? Hopefully not the key is while installing it use a credit card and squeegee them out as much as you can not sure if he took his time on this.

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
They should go away within the week, if they don't maybe it's something to do with these new Air displays and not sticking? Hopefully not the key is while installing it use a credit card and squeegee them out as much as you can not sure if he took his time on this.

Not sure how she did it since she took it to the back. I really hope it goes away soon.

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
How long do I have to wait before I can put it back in its case and start using it? I keep getting mixed answers.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I don't like wet application screen shields. I don't trust the process, and the protectors themselves feel like crap after application. They're too thick, they have a rubbery feel to them and it doesn't feel natural at ALL. Those Zaggs are also highly overpriced too.

http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Ge...sr=8-1&keywords=tech+armor+protector+ipad+air

I had these on my iPad Mini for a year, and it was FLAWLESS! The same protector I put on my Mini from day one, stuck it out until I sold it with no scratches. I even gave the person I sold it to the extra protector incase they wanted to change it down the road. Mind you, I never really used a case that protected the front. Just a little carrying pouch, and a TPU case for the back.

I just bought this iPad Air one and installed it with no problems. A little dust got stuck under it at first that I didn't see before installing but the included dust removal tape helped with that. Once it's on you'll forget you even have a screen protector on, and no one will be able to tell unless they REALLY look close.

IMG_6135.jpeg

When I bought it, it was Prime eligible so I had it in two days (ordered on Wednesday, was here on Friday). I couldn't recommend them anymore, AMAZING protectors for a great price.

I have a little trick to make the protectors feel good out of the box, it's weird but don't judge me, it works for me. After your apply it and get all the bubble out, it may feel a little rubbery/unnatural. If you want it to feel more like the actual glass screen, I recommend taking your iPad then pressing the screen-protected screen against your face. After you take it off your face just wipe the WHOLE screen down with the microfiber and the screen will feel a whole lot smoother that way.

In the end choose whatever you think is best for you, but this are just my two cents :)

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I don't like wet application screen shields. I don't trust the process, and the protectors themselves feel like crap after application. They're too thick, they have a rubbery feel to them and it doesn't feel natural at ALL. Those Zaggs are also highly overpriced too.

http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Ge...sr=8-1&keywords=tech+armor+protector+ipad+air

I had these on my iPad Mini for a year, and it was FLAWLESS! The same protector I put on my Mini from day one, stuck it out until I sold it with no scratches. I even gave the person I sold it to the extra protector incase they wanted to change it down the road. Mind you, I never really used a case that protected the front. Just a little carrying pouch, and a TPU case for the back.

I just bought this iPad Air one and installed it with no problems. A little dust got stuck under it at first that I didn't see before installing but the included dust removal tape helped with that. Once it's on you'll forget you even have a screen protector on, and no one will be able to tell unless they REALLY look close.

When I bought it, it was Prime eligible so I had it in two days (ordered on Wednesday, was here on Friday). I couldn't recommend them anymore, AMAZING protectors for a great price.

I have a little trick to make the protectors feel good out of the box, it's weird but don't judge me, it works for me. After your apply it and get all the bubble out, it may feel a little rubbery/unnatural. If you want it to feel more like the actual glass screen, I recommend taking your iPad then pressing the screen-protected screen against your face. After you take it off your face just wipe the WHOLE screen down with the microfiber and the screen will feel a whole lot smoother that way.

In the end choose whatever you think is best for you, but this are just my two cents :)

Wow thanks a lot for your input. You got me sold on this one seems like I`ll head back tomorrow to get it removed & get my $52 back. Yes I spent $52 for both installation & the screen :mad: Are these easier to put on then lets say the Zagg screen?

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Hmm I checked back this morning and noticed that 99% of the bubbles are gone. Just 2 small one remains on the bottom. I`ll give it some time and not use it till later today.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Hmm I checked back this morning and noticed that 99% of the bubbles are gone. Just 2 small one remains on the bottom. I`ll give it some time and not use it till later today.

I hope it all works in the end for you!! I don't think Best Buy refunds on screen protectors or the installation?

djstorm1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I hope it all works in the end for you!! I don't think Best Buy refunds on screen protectors or the installation?

Thanks seems like all the bubbles but 2 are gone but that wont bother me even if its there since I understand that protectors are not meant for it to be perfect.

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007

Would you know if these guys offered any rear protection ?

Thanks,

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Get Tech Armors! Been avert happy customer for 3 years usig them with all my devices. Bubble free when I install them.

Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
http://amzn.com/B00EL94Z4I

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks seems like all the bubbles but 2 are gone but that wont bother me even if its there since I understand that protectors are not meant for it to be perfect.
Get a license or credit card and just squeegee those bubbles it's fine to use by now won't hurt anything. I usually get PS Crystal and BSE for the body (will still do this) but you guys sold me on the Tech Armour. The PS shields are really pricey these appear good quality at less than half the price, reviews of their product on amazon are all positive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.