iPhone I paid 2 dollars for adblock and it doesn't do anything

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FatPuppy, Jul 1, 2013.

  1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

    FatPuppy

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2012
    #1
    I installed it on ios 5.1.1 and it doesn't block ads at all in any website. I even selected "safari" in " other apps setion" and nothing.
     
  2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

    BumpyFlatline

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2012
    #2
    Did you add a blocking list in settings and then update the list?
     
  3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

    FatPuppy

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2012
    #3
    You mean in "adblocker lists" section? Yes, I have selected general and english, privacy and romanian and then I pressed apply and update button and nothing.
     
  4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

    HankHowdy

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Location:
    Victorville CA
    #4
    I have also tried that tweak and it didn't do so well. I ended using a modified host file and it works great. I can't talk about what it blocks and where in here through.
     
  5. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

    FatPuppy

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2012
    #5
    So... basically... I bought this for nothing? Great!:mad:
     
  6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
  7. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

    JPNFRK7

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #7
    Did you choose the apps that you wanted it to block ads in?
     
  8. waa1futs macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2012
    #8
    Adblocker works perfectly for me. It's one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks of all time :)

    If it doesn't work for you then you are simply doing something wrong ;)

    Heres what I do when first installing adblocker:
    - kill safari in the app switcher
    - go to settings -> safari -> clear safari history + cookies and data
    - go to settings -> adblocker -> enabled : ON
    - go to settings -> adblocker -> adblocker lists -> flick "general and english" off then on -> hit "apply and update"
    - reboot phone

    Make sure you try it with just general and english instead of those other ones you had as well.
     

Share This Page