Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I installed it on ios 5.1.1 and it doesn't block ads at all in any website. I even selected "safari" in " other apps setion" and nothing.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Did you add a blocking list in settings and then update the list?

You mean in "adblocker lists" section? Yes, I have selected general and english, privacy and romanian and then I pressed apply and update button and nothing.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
You mean in "adblocker lists" section? Yes, I have selected general and english, privacy and romanian and then I pressed apply and update button and nothing.

I have also tried that tweak and it didn't do so well. I ended using a modified host file and it works great. I can't talk about what it blocks and where in here through.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
So... basically... I bought this for nothing? Great!:mad:

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
I installed it on ios 5.1.1 and it doesn't block ads at all in any website. I even selected "safari" in " other apps setion" and nothing.

Adblocker works perfectly for me. It's one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks of all time :)

If it doesn't work for you then you are simply doing something wrong ;)

Heres what I do when first installing adblocker:
- kill safari in the app switcher
- go to settings -> safari -> clear safari history + cookies and data
- go to settings -> adblocker -> enabled : ON
- go to settings -> adblocker -> adblocker lists -> flick "general and english" off then on -> hit "apply and update"
- reboot phone

Make sure you try it with just general and english instead of those other ones you had as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.