I phone 4 battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pvs, Apr 14, 2011.

1. pvs macrumors newbie

My Iphone 4 is 3 months old. In the past week, it has started to lose its battery charge at approximately 8 to 10% per hour. Complete discharge occurs in 10 to 11 hours. All applications except the clock are switched off, the phone is in airplane mode, wifi is off, auto lock is set to 5 minutes, 3 g is off, cell data is off, bluetooth is off, location services are off, mail push is off, and I do not have Skype loaded on the phone. I have already tried rebooting. I purchased an extended warranty.
    Thanks
    pvs

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What are you actually asking? If you think it's a problem, take it in.

3. pvs thread starter macrumors newbie

It appears to be a problem at several levels: unacceptable function, lack of information from manufacturer, and lack of reliable incidence statistics. There is of course the possibility that I have not completely searched for solutions. Thank you for your interest.

4. themoffster macrumors regular

I live in an area of poor 3G reception - my phone displays the circular dot instead.
    When i am not connected to wifi it drains the battery at a terrible rate as i hav epush notifications on emails set to frequently.

If it is something similar you are seeing that might explain it