Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aharonyaronc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2011
hey everyone..
i jailbroke my i phone 4 (4.2.1) with gevey sim and it worked perfect (im with t mobil) .my wife upgraded to 4.3.3(04.10.01 modem firmware) thru i tunes recently and i can not have it work again .
i tried a new sim but it dident give me the accept screen to follow the steps,i dont know if the sthe new sim was damaged or i need to change the setting of the phone before tring a again.
should i get a new gevey sim and try again?
do i need to do anything before im using the new sim ?
please help.
thanks

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
hey everyone..
i jailbroke my i phone 4 (4.2.1) with gevey sim and it worked perfect (im with t mobil) .my wife upgraded to 4.3.3(04.10.01 modem firmware) thru i tunes recently and i can not have it work again .
i tried a new sim but it dident give me the accept screen to follow the steps,i dont know if the sthe new sim was damaged or i need to change the setting of the phone before tring a again.
should i get a new gevey sim and try again?
do i need to do anything before im using the new sim ?
please help.
thanks

Using gevey sim isn't jailbreaking. Gevey sim is just for unlocking.

There's a thread at the first page dedicated to gevey sim. Why create a new one? Use the search button!

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
When you upgraded, you most likely lost the unlock. Just do it again?

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with this.

aharonyaronc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2011
Using gevey sim isn't jailbreaking. Gevey sim is just for unlocking.

There's a thread at the first page dedicated to gevey sim. Why create a new one? Use the search button!

when i got the phone (before the upgrade to 4.3.3) i dident do anything to gailbreak,all i did was to follow the gevey sim instruction and it worked.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
when i got the phone (before the upgrade to 4.3.3) i dident do anything to gailbreak,all i did was to follow the gevey sim instruction and it worked.

Your first post says you jailbreak your iphone. No one can help you if you don't even know it yourself and can't explain the situation properly.

Just follow the gevey sim instruction and do it again.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
will i need to use Redsn0w Untethered iOS 4.3.3 Jailbreak prior to using the new gevey?

You do not need to be jailbroken to use Gevey.

Jailbreaking and the concept of a phone unlock are two completely separate ideas. They are not to be confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.