I Phone 5 C charging problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jotaylor1811, Nov 29, 2015.

1. jotaylor1811 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me, My Iphone 5C will not seem to charge via a wall socket, it will only charge via an external source like a docking station, power bar or laptop.
    I have tried numerous cables , sockets, phones (daughters i phone 5s) and they all seem to work. even tried blowing dust out ect, but that cannot be the problem as it charges via external source. Every possible combination possible will not work, unless it is connected to a laptop, docking station or power bar.

I am ready to throw the phone through the window!:mad: . I cannot take my external devices to work as i am a nurse so need just need the regular charging facility.

Please help!! :)

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried a different power adapter (the actual part that plugs into the electrical socket)? Perhaps one that is of different size (like one that is meant for an iPad)?

3. jotaylor1811 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, I have tried all adapters and power sockets and it will still only charge via an external source like the laptop. Really strange as the plugs, cables and sockets will charge my daughters i phone, as soon as i plug mine in it wont charge. Bamboosled!

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

5. jotaylor1811 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k